23 replies to this topic

#1 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

Great, came out of college and had a flat battery, i work at halfords so i went down and borrowed some jump leads. Jumped my fiesta and off i went...was driving home and went past a lest turn where someone looked as if they were going to pull out, braked, they decided not too so i came off the breaks looked forward and a guy had stopped at the green lights 20m further on slammed on the breaks skidded and BANG!

His car = fine
Mine = not good (hit in between bumper and bonnet, meaning that it was directly on the lights and smashed them both and bent the bonnet as it pushed the bonnet clip back! Mega sad and am unsure if its a write off and as im only 3rd party maybe no car for me!)

A very :D Rhys

#2 dribble

dribble

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:38 PM

Sorry to hear that dude. Best to pay a visit to ebay and fine some replacment bits, Im sure you could do it on the cheap.

#3 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

aww no sorry to hear that

hope your ok

*hug*

Raz xXx

#4 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:42 PM

All it is is the location and the fact its dark i need to assess the damage in the light, but there is a bar across the engine bay and im not sure if it is replaceable or not! :D

Rhys

#5 Globule

Globule

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

I think if you bent that bar, the insurers would just write it off, but that doesnt mean its not fixable! Insurance companies just write it off for economical values, if the car has meaning to you or anything then its worth fixing it up! especially if you can do it yourself :D As the other car wasnt damaged you may be able to get away with not telling them (not that im advising it...) which is at least one less thing to worry about!

#6 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

I would be happy if it was fixable and as im 3rd party they wont do anything, its all down to what happens tomorrow when i get it all checked out, it does drive and start first time, i drove it 0.2 miles and it was not happy because when it went to around 2500rpm it would shudder and not move properly

Rhys

#7 Globule

Globule

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:04 PM

Well if it starts and moves its quite good! Check the drive shafts etc before you try to move it again though because if theres something wrong with one (unlikely but it doesnt hurt to look) then you may do more damage! Are you able to do any work on it yourself? ie any kind of body work tools or just the usual hammer spanner etc?

#8 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

Depending on what needs to be done, i may do it myself, i will do as much as i can myself anyway. Thanks for all the support tho everyone

Rhys

#9 MissSportyGT

MissSportyGT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Local Club: West Sussex

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

Awww no :D

Thats my worst fear that someones going to go in back of me :angel:

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

#10 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

To be honest its so stupid because i was the same and i never thought it would be me :D now it looks as if my car is written off and mini project hangs in the balance :angel:

Rhys

#11 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

can you explane how a mini with no insurance is written off ?

whos writing it off ?

#12 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

To be honest its so stupid because i was the same and i never thought it would be me :D now it looks as if my car is written off and mini project hangs in the balance :angel:

Rhys

dont blame yourself, you didnt mean to do it, and it was probably bad weather conditions!! Dont beat yourself up about it, things happen like this. Just make sure you are ok, get yourself checked out by doctor

#13 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

I had a similar style crash in my Punto a few years ago, TPFT insurance so just had to scrap it & sheel out for another car :D

Hope your car is fixable though, at least with TPFT insurance, you can actually assess the damage yourself and, if it is repairable, repair it rather than have insurance write it off on your behalf!

Hope you're ok!

#14 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:05 PM

:angel: i will be ok, i know my mum will get me another car but i dont really want her too if you know what i mean :D i wouldnt mind so much if it was my money and not my parents! Its strange there not even annoyed. I spoke to the guy i crashed into on the phone and his car is a £64,000 Merc, happy days lol. I didnt even notice what car it was because i was so shook up. Im alrite enough back ache neck ache nothing too bad!

Rhys

#15 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

If you are aching you need to get to the Docs, it will probably get worse before it gets better :D So get them to give you something to help ease the pain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users