23 replies to this topic

#16 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:10 PM

Dont like the docs round here, they seem to be so stupid, i had mumps and i had to see 3 docs till they diagnosed it :S my mum did in about 2 mins so my aunt is a physio so if needs be i will give her a ring :D

Rhys

#17 minislapper

minislapper

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:13 AM

Dont like the docs round here, they seem to be so stupid, i had mumps and i had to see 3 docs till they diagnosed it :S my mum did in about 2 mins so my aunt is a physio so if needs be i will give her a ring :P

Rhys

Your auntie being a physio isn't the issue. You need to get yourself checked out properly at the hospital. People who have had car accidents very often suffer for years with neck and back problems.

If there are any problems with the insurance claim, it will need to be logged somewhere if any injuries are related to the accident.

#18 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:18 AM

I have been to the mechanics and it is offically a write off :P not a happy chappy, im going to start breaking it later today i think i can get about £600-£700 for the bits. Luckily i have a spare fiesta that is my brothers but as he is in Afghanistan its not too much of an issue if i use it.

I have no aches and pains today so i think everything is cool, cheers for the concen though

Rhys

#19 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:29 AM

i'd still recommend being checked over...

as above.. things happen over years..

#20 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

Well by the sounds of things everyne thinks i should go so i guess i had better book myself in for an MOT :P

Rhys

#21 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

What category write off?
Not a mini was it? Or was it?

I would recommend going to doctors too, been there and your back ache can come back

#22 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

What category write off?
Not a mini was it? Or was it?

I would recommend going to doctors too, been there and your back ache can come back

#23 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

Was a 98 fiesta :P its a cat C so not really that easy for me to do myself just limped home 10 miles in it now its a shadow of its former glory on my drive waiting to for me to break it (more)

Rhys

#24 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:37 PM

If you only have 3rd party insurance they can't make it a cat-C write off. That is for a car that has an insurance claim against it but the repairs would cost more than the value. Since you can't claim for this damage there is no claim so the claim can't be worth more than the car. They could only step in and write this car off if it was unsafe to repair (cat A, they might get away with a cat-B) and even then there is doubt as to whether it would stand up in court if they tried to take a car that no claim was being made against. They can't just steal your car, whether you decide to repair it is up to you. You can't drive it in this condition but you can repair it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users