#1 Millers Mini

Millers Mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Local Club: National Mini Owners Club

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

Its just started on Discovery Turbo and their mission this week is to build a boy racer car so they have gone to Southend.

Edited by Millers Mini, 19 November 2007 - 10:04 PM.

#2 Silicon Skum

Silicon Skum

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

AHHHHH CARP!! :D I forgot that was on tonight (can't get discovery on freeview with my setup, so have to make "alternatve" arrangements) - when is the repeat on?

SS

#3 Millers Mini

Millers Mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

AHHHHH CARP!! :D I forgot that was on tonight (can't get discovery on freeview with my setup, so have to make "alternatve" arrangements) - when is the repeat on?

SS

At the weekend I think.

#4 miRon

miRon

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

southend is a dump

#5 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:14 AM

a massive 2.0l?

not really that big of an engine really. Would have been better building a zetec turbo. Still though, always amazed at how much they can do in such a short space o time

#6 Millers Mini

Millers Mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:16 AM

I don't think last night was one of the best, the car ended up looking like a cut and shut between a fiesta and mondeo and you never really get to have a got look around the interior of these cars. I wonder why they haven't sold any off their previous projects yet.

#7 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:21 AM

We like watching it to see the finished product... Bangla Bangers was better though, more atmosphere and much harder workers on the team!! But I'm getting so bored of Bernie shouting at Lepu, that I think I'll just read until the last ten minutes next week :P

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

I don't think last night was one of the best, the car ended up looking like a cut and shut between a fiesta and mondeo and you never really get to have a got look around the interior of these cars. I wonder why they haven't sold any off their previous projects yet.

Aren't cut and shuts illegal to sell now?

#9 Millers Mini

Millers Mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:56 AM

Aren't cut and shuts illegal to sell now?

You've hit the nail on the head their Jammy and its like they stated last night most of the boy racer cars are modified with fiberglass body kits but these 2 guys weld on masses of sheets steel which must weight then down something cronic and I wonder how long it will be untill the dreaded rot sets in.

#10 chairchild

chairchild

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

looking at the amount of bodyfiller they use, and the rather pants prep-work, I'd give them about 6 months tops before the tin-worm starts to rear it's head through the 'filler

Mind you, the 6-wheeler thing they done, the "world surfing championships" was in my Town, Hunstanton - so at least my hometown got onto sky! Hehe

Other than that, I just thought "yuck" to the whole program

#11 Millers Mini

Millers Mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:26 AM

Apparently they are doing an MGBGT next week but Bernie wont let lepu chop it. Good on him I love those cars and it would be such a shame to change one.

#12 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

I've been watching and I keep having this nagging doubt about how much is staged for tv?

They managed to get the boy racer one sprayed the day before and then managed to build the car in a day? Hmmm

They also showed their storage dept with the cars in, I though that they had sold at least 2 of them?

Another bugbear is the fact that they insist on fitting those stupid oversize spacers, how long before brgs shatter and fail?

Perhaps thay won't sell them due to safety regs?

NB

Note to self - must get out more!!! :-

#13 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

Apparently they are doing an MGBGT next week but Bernie wont let lepu chop it. Good on him I love those cars and it would be such a shame to change one.

Ill watch that episode just to see it get cut in half! lol, hate that car!

Everything is on youtube guys... just type in chop shop and u can find all the episodes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users