Barnett

Michael Jackson has died...*plop*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts
  • Local Club: the freeeeloader!!

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:14 AM

A real shame...

i just hope after MaClaren is gone we get another English manager, Shearer, Coppel...

but for 2008...

Come on Germany!!!

#32 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:08 AM

Did I miss something? :P
Did England lose at somefink again? :P
Are any of you really surprised? :P
This is what we Engrish do best! ;D

Actually, can you truly succeed at being a complete failure? Surely if you are a complete failure, then you would fail at that also? Am confused. Must have lie down....

#33 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:33 AM

Glad we didn't qualify to be honest. I would have been ambarassed to watch more performances like that next summer!!

We really deserved what we got last night. I'm all for being patriotic and supporting your team through thick and thin........

BUT OH MY GOD! We were like a bunch of school boys there. Bridge was pap, Carson was, well, to be fair you can only really blame him 100% for the first goal, the second was a defensive mess, the third was unlucky as he saw it late and nearly got a few fingers to it.

There was no apparent cohesion IMO. It's like we had a team of 11 men, but they can't interact, they simply didn't fit the bill for the night. Crouch is well on his way to being a VERY prolific scorer for England though. ;D

Beckham has one reason to be on the pitch, he's still one of the best for striking dead balls. Actually, two reasons.... I felt that once old Golden Balls was brought out the rest of the team seemed to have a little more confidence. Perhaps we can blame Maclaren? Perhaps we can just blame the fact that there were 11 'football palyers' on the pitch, rather than a team of 11 men!

Oh, did anyone else feel that Lampard was going to miss? I felt certain that he would for some reason! :P

#34 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:34 AM

Actually, can you truly succeed at being a complete failure? Surely if you are a complete failure, then you would fail at that also? Am confused. Must have lie down....

*holds out hand*

Come with Matty Juju, I'll show take you somewhere to go lie down! ;D

#35 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:41 AM

Oh, did anyone else feel that Lampard was going to miss? I felt certain that he would for some reason! ;D

I couldn't believe it when he stood up to take it.

Even more surprised when he scored, but he really is useless and should of been out of the team years ago.

#36 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:59 AM

Beckham's got his 99 caps, I think he'll quit at that (I guess he may like to hit the century with a friendly)....

But seriously, let's get a load of lads that are under 20 in the team! I mean, by the time we get to the World Cup (if we qualify) the majority of the current team may be past their best.

Bring on the new era :P

5 home nations tournament anyone? :P ;D

#37 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:00 AM

;D I didn't even think about him missing. I was worried, but I thought that if the thought of him missing even came into my head that he would miss!

To be honest I think both the manager and the players are to blame. Its seems (and not just in this match) the players are currently playing a system that they don't know, and hence are under-performing. Maclaren keeps changing the players, changing the formation, etc and the players just don't get a chance to practise one system. For this I blame the manager.

I blame the players for the inability to mark people, the inability to pass properly, the inability to get a cross into the box (with the exception of Beckham). All things that any footballer worth his weight in hair cream should be able to do!

I'm with Juju though, should have really expected it. England have ALWAYS just scraped through, or scraped a win and this time it didn't happen, hopefully this will be the wake up call. Well done for coming 2nd (on the night) though! :P

#38 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:01 AM

5 home nations tournament anyone? :P ;D

Hmmmm, lets not. I couldn't stand losing to Scotland! :P

#39 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:44 PM

Carson, i think nerves got the better of the first goal, second goal defence? where?? third goal, saw it last and no chance. I still think he is a quality keeper and will be wearing the england number one shirt later in life.

Carson...where was he!!! Second goal yes was a defence mistake, but he let the player walk around him, what happened to doing a save at the feet?? Third goal...I disagree, yes it was a good shot but if you watch it Carson took his eye of the ball!!!! ;D :P

#40 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

Did anyone hear Chris Moyles show today. They were talking about this and comedy Dave decided to ring up the Croatian F.A saying he got a letter telling him that ''Croatia have infact been disqualified because they have too many red squares on their football kit'' ;D !! The Croatian woman got really confused and went to check! LOL!

#41 Dev

Dev

Fiat 500 'Ringer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Local Club: NF500

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:20 PM

i dont think any of you can blame scott carson, it was extremely unfair of mclaren to put him in the team.

I'm sorry but you dont blood a new keeper in a game of that magnitude its stupid. If he wasn't going to play robinson (who i dont rate) then james was the natural choice. As a keeper at a decent standard myself, it was nerves and a shocking surface that caught carson out. Unlucky mate.

The rest of the team

richards - wont be there when neville comes back
Campbell - solid
Lescott - should have been moved to left back after bridges woeful start
Bridge - at fault for second goal and generally rubbish
Wright-phillips - ineffective as always - whatcha talking about wilis
Barry - unlucky to be taken off but in on merit
Gerrard - To my mind over rated and never performs when partnered by Fat Frank
Lampard - why is he still being picked another john barnes. should have been replaced by hargreaves or carrick
cole - show pony
Crouch - the freak finished well but had no support from fatty or gerrard

Subs
defoe - cant get in to spurs team should tell you something
bent - worse than defoe
Beckham - did well when he came on

team should have been

James
Richards
Campbell
Brown
Lescott / Neville P
Beckham
Hargreaves
Gerrard
Cole
Crouch
Smith

at least that team would have put them selves about abit and not looked like frightened kids

#42 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

team should have been

James
Richards
Campbell
Brown
Lescott / Neville P
Beckham
Hargreaves
Gerrard
Cole
Crouch
Smith

at least that team would have put them selves about abit and not looked like frightened kids

I'd agree with that, other than a couple of points; get rid of the name Neville! Ashley Cole should feature somewhere on there, at least as a sub. to be honest, I don't think Smith has done that much for England, but maybe with a few more games... I think I'd pick SWP over Cole too. I think Cole is a little more talented, but SWP works about 10x harder.

#43 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:13 PM

any one lisson to raido 1 this morning

they phoned the Croatian FA and asked for their reaction for being disqualified and England going through

they said no we're not

yes you are you had too many squares on your shirts

they then went away to count squares on their shirts

#44 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

Did anyone hear Chris Moyles show today. They were talking about this and comedy Dave decided to ring up the Croatian F.A saying he got a letter telling him that ''Croatia have infact been disqualified because they have too many red squares on their football kit'' ;D !! The Croatian woman got really confused and went to check! LOL!

Some people never read! :P

#45 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

where was that

have you just added it in as it was not there when i looked

0 user(s) are reading this topic