Photo

Is The Doctors Worth It For A Suspected Chest Infection?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:24 AM

You're describing the symptoms of hundreds of possible causes.... the thing that springs to my mind is a Hiatus Hernia, increase in stomach acids, or possibly a small Ulcer.... Hopefuly it's just a mild chest infection or torn muscle though.

Amy, you are a hypochondriac's wet dream! :P

haha!! ;D

Yeah all hilarious stuff.......

I understand how the human body works and usually if you get pains when you're eating or drinking it has something to do with the stomach rather than your chest. Like I said before though, the only person who can tell whats up is a Doctor.

won't bother answering next time :P

#17 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

You're describing the symptoms of hundreds of possible causes.... the thing that springs to my mind is a Hiatus Hernia, increase in stomach acids, or possibly a small Ulcer.... Hopefuly it's just a mild chest infection or torn muscle though.

Amy, you are a hypochondriac's wet dream! :P

haha!! ;D

Yeah all hilarious stuff.......

I understand how the human body works and usually if you get pains when you're eating or drinking it has something to do with the stomach rather than your chest. Like I said before though, the only person who can tell whats up is a Doctor.

won't bother answering next time :P

Awww, don't listen to mean people Amy!! :dontgetit: I appreciate your post. Thank you. :P

#18 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:26 AM

amy.. i didnt mean to be offensive.. juju's reply just made me laugh ;D

sorry

#19 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:27 AM

Awww, don't listen to mean people Amy!! :P I appreciate your post. Thank you. :P

Good, you're the person it was meant for.... :P

I also know you're far from being a hypochondriac, so would take everything I said witha pinch of salt anyway ;D

#20 gixxerpower

gixxerpower

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Local Club: minis & oatcakes

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

what a coincidence. i have had a bad chest for the last few weeks. went to work on monday morning and felt quite sick, could not eat anything and have lost my appiteitte (sp). i was working in the cold and started to find it hard to breath. to cut a long story short i ended up hyperventalating and having a first responder called out. i have never had anthing like this happen before, honestly thought i was having a stroke because i had lost all feeling in my arms,legs face and could hardly talk!

i went to to doctors on tuesday and she said that there is a lot of chest viruses going round. she has signed me of work and i have just got to take paracetomol. feel lot better than i did but chest is still tight. first time i have had time of work through illness in 13 yrs!

take it steady.

#21 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

One of the big Meningitus outbreaks a few years ago was at my school in Manchester. One of the 6th formers died! :dongetit: I remember the Friday the news swept around the school, loads of kids went home at lunch, but the teachers were trying to make everyone stay!

See, it is really scary. Ive got a card in my purse that shows the symptoms. You never know. One of my friends was incredibly close to death from meningitis. She caught it on a plane coming home from her holiday. She was on life support and in a coma for ages. They even contemplated switching off the machine as it didnt look good at all :P. LUCKILY she pulled through, and is now a lot better, but is in a wheel chair. She looks incredibly different, it really weird.

Just go to doctors, if its nothing (which is unlikely because you hardly ever complain) you can put your mind to rest, if it is something like a chest infection he can give you antibiotics! Thats what Docs are there for!! ;D

Also, make sure when you go out, you wrap up warm. I caught the flu a few years ago at xmas time. I felt a bit under the weather but not too bad, then went out not wearing a coat and caught the flu.

Bossy boots is going to finish talking now :P :P

Edited by *Raz*, 22 November 2007 - 11:34 AM.

#22 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:35 AM

few years ago i caught double pneumonia from not wearing a coat.. but the cold never really affected me for some reason.. i.e i didnt feel cold but as ive got older ive turned into an old man!!

your doctor really that bad jim?
i thought u'd like the rubber gloves???

#23 Millers Mini

Millers Mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Local Club: National Mini Owners Club

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:52 PM

they'll prob give you a course of antibiotics ;D

See, thats the thing. I canne be bothered to take a trip to the doctors if they are just going to give me a couple of pills to take everyday, but as others have said, just in case its something worse I'll go.

I'm off work today with a bad chest and like you Jammy its been about for around two weeks now so I decided to do something about it and went to see the doctor this morning. He basically told me I was coming to the end of an infection and it would be gone soon, he also said not to bother wasting my money on a cough medicine as they don’t really help. I am glad he didn’t put me on antibiotics because I hate taking medication.

Sounds like yours could be a little bit worse than mine though if you’ve got a lost appetite, you should get down to the doctor.

#24 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:26 PM

Hmm, well I have a doctors appointment on Monday morning now. No doubt I'll feel fine by then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users