3 replies to this topic

#1 DaveRob

DaveRob

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:22 AM

Calling the experts opinions here........ Im looking to put a stainless steel exhaust on my early '96 SPi cooper. Cosmetically I want the twin exit angled center DTM style...... Their seems to be different size outlets and different type link pipes..... so my question is If im going to retain my cat, (and assuming this is the right thing to do), Which exhaust system do I get. Which link pipe, which diameter pipes. I already have a side exit stainless system so expect to see this up for sale after Ive changed over. Any recomendations as to which supplier to use?

Thanks in advance for your opinions on this one.

DaveRob

#2 CooperTrooper

CooperTrooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:28 AM

Maniflow without a doubt.

#3 redhotmini

redhotmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

Ditto. Playmini exhausts are also pretty good, although maniflow would be my preferred choice. you'll just need the link pipe which bolts to the cat, obviously get the size that will fit the inlet on the rear box!

#4 MiniFrank

MiniFrank

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

Hi, rather than making a new topic i thought i'd resurrect this one.

I have a '92spi and am in search of a new exhaust system. I'm looking for a complete system including LCB, and my 'flexible' part is also leaking, so needs replacing. I've read enough on here to know that maniflow is the best option, however their prices are fairly high, and their website very confusing (to me). I guess the look i'm going for is a side exit with a rolled tip, performance has priority over sound, as sound that accompanies increased performance is always the best sound to have:)

I therefore have a few questions:)

What parts would i need of the maniflow website for a complete system?

I do have a budget, so if i was to match some rc40 parts with maniflow parts to keep the costs down, which parts should i order from maniflow, (eg the link pipe may not make much difference, but the lcb from maniflow may be much better)

i hope somebody can point me in the right direction....thanks in advance!

(I emailed maniflow a few weeks back but haven't yet got a reply, and living in the netherlands with only a mobile, makes phoning them an expensive alternative)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users