#16 griff2

griff2

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Local Club: east coast minis/ ni-minis

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:34 PM

Made a donation by paypal. worthwhile cause hope it gets finished.

#17 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:51 PM

I will be making a donation

Can I just say I really admire you for doing this! Im sure Oli would be very proud.

Good luck with the mini, I will help anyway I can :thumbsup:

Raz xXx

#18 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

Guys, may I first say sorry for not updating this thread in so long, i have been SO busy back at work having had a week off!

Thank you all SO much for being so generous, So far we have raised a total of £450 towards getting the mini finished, and hopefully after christmas we can boost that figure up a good bit.

Everyone has been so supportive over the past week, its just wonderful.

For a rough idea, how many people are planning on attending the funeral on Friday? I know it means a day off work, but it would really mean an awful lot to Olis family and myself if some of you could attend.

We already have a strong attendance from Trials-forum, a place where Oli has been very popular for some years now. A good few people from TMF would be awesome, and it would be great to meet some of the people who have donated, it feels like we are all one huge group of friends now.

Take care guys, and let me know who is able to come on Friday.

Thanks as always

Nick

#19 ESAB

ESAB

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hello, I've just donated some money via paypal x

#20 ROCKET

ROCKET

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:12 PM

Best wishes for Friday, I'm sure many people will be thinking of Oli and his family and friends.

Edited by ROCKET, 20 December 2007 - 08:42 AM.

#21 Timtom

Timtom

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

I'll be donating some money to the fund. But probably after christmas.

Good luck friday. :D :D :D

Edited by Timtom, 20 December 2007 - 10:39 PM.

#22 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:33 PM

Hi, I would happily spray it for you at cost price, if that's any use. I would do it for nowt but it's not my business >_<

#23 Broomer

Broomer

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

Hi, I would happily spray it for you at cost price, if that's any use. I would do it for nowt but it's not my business >_<

I may be wrong feel free to correct me Nick, but i belive Matt Tuppman will be carrying out the body work and respray as the car was initially there for the work.

#24 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:19 PM

My appologies, i have been away and only just found this topic and the "missing" topic posted earlier in the month and read through both with my jaw on the floor.

My thoughts are with Oli's Family and Friends (especially Prawn). I lost a good mate in Iraq this year and know how gut wrenching loosing a close friend is. It's hard but by finishing his car (and simply by being there) you are showing huge respect to Oli and his family and I am sure that your actions are a great comfort to them at such a distressful time.

I have PAYPAL'd you all the balance from my paypal account and will send some more if i can sell my Generators that are on ebay now. I also have a few parts kicking around, perhaps if you post a wish list of what you need we can get stuff sent to you so that the cash can be stretched as far as possible.

With regard to a plaque, a simply memorial message fixed near the VIN would be subtle but appropriate as at the end of the day the car itself is the tribute. Perhaps a display board which could be mounted under the opened bonnet or in the boot at shows With some pictures of Oli so everyone knows what he stood for and who he was (and his forum names) this would also mean that the car will be finished as Oli wanted it but still used practically by his friends and family as he would have done himself. Purely my opinion of course and the People who knew him best will know how best to honour him.

My hat's off to you Prawn, anything you need, drop me a PM and to Oli, they say you can judge a man by his friends which makes you quite some man. Rest In Peace.

BG

PS. is there a facebook/myspace page that we can all join to spread the word further?

#25 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:37 AM

Facebook group would be a good idea, could link it to the TMF group :dontgetit:

Oli's 21st birthday today (8th) according to the board. Happy birthday Oli :D

#26 Grimmy@JHE

Grimmy@JHE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Local Club: tmf

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

happy birthday pal.
x

Edited by grimmy, 08 January 2008 - 01:48 AM.

#27 luvlygal

luvlygal

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:34 AM

I realised yesterday that I had the chance to meet Oli, he almost offered me the use of a trailer but he was too far away!
Happy Birthday mate :D xx

Edited by luvlygal, 08 January 2008 - 10:34 AM.

#28 turbo hogster

turbo hogster

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:01 PM

well sorry to here about oli, never knew the chap but sounds like a diamond geezer will be well mist.

any way back to buisness, if it is needed then i will over my services buy rebuilding the gearbox if needed, all i ask for is that any bearings baulk rings layshaft ect will need to be paid for from the fund and delivery and the send pack to be paid for but all labour cleaning agents ect i will sort out and any spare parts eg gears ect it may need i will donate as i have quiet a few.

if the box is ok then i will donate some cash via paypal..

oh forgot to mention what is the spec on the engine.

regards richard the builder of the famous miniwilliams 250 bhp mini gearboxes.

I realised yesterday that I had the chance to meet Oli, he almost offered me the use of a trailer but he was too far away!
Happy Birthday mate :) xx

#29 Azy

Azy

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

The bank details you left could also be used to withdraw money -- I advise you don't leave that publically on the internet.

Good luck -- Will donate when i can :)

#30 ESAB

ESAB

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

Hi,

Do we have an update on this? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users