#61 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Local Club: many!

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

i havent heard anything, so to me this means that the engine must have been delivered. i said i wouldnt be around after 9 tonight so to get in contact before then. if i dont hear anything by 9 i will assume the engine went, until i get to work tomorrow.

#62 padnic

padnic

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

Some pictures of progress would be good as well, and maybe some of the engine when it finally arrives. I'm sure people who have donated money to Oli's car would also agree with me to see how their money is being spent.

#63 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

Sorry guys, I've been busy......

as expected, No engine STILL.

Like I said, it was all ready to go on september 4th as far as I am concerned, so it's not as if anyone is holding out any real hope that it's ever going to arrive.....

I spoke to Simon this morning, who said it had been shipped, but could not give me any tracking number, and wasn't sure when it was shipped.

He said he would call me back, and of course, he did not.....

#64 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

I'd be pretty disgusted with Morspeed if the engine doesn't turn up by the weekend. Although to be honest, the window for it to have arrived in a reasonably amount of time passed a good few months back.

Its a shame, I thought they were getting past these problems at Morspeed. Obviously not.

#65 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

Wolfy's on the job. :thumbsup:

#66 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

*cough*

#67 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

a pm will be sent to prawn

spoke to simon today and the situation will be sorted.

i know the reasons for the engine not being sent, something which has not yet been mentioned.

i would like to say, simon did not say it HAD been shipped yesterday. please if you have to tell the story, tell the full story.

thank you

#68 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

a pm will be sent to prawn

spoke to simon today and the situation will be sorted.

i know the reasons for the engine not being sent, something which has not yet been mentioned.

i would like to say, simon did not say it HAD been shipped yesterday. please if you have to tell the story, tell the full story.

thank you

you need to elaborate and be clear exactly what the situation is.

this isnt doing Simon and favours at all - we need to hear his side of the story and have a definitive explanation of what the circumstances are and what the solution will be.

People will continue to speculate, as people do, and there is every chance that its due to circumstances beyond simons control ?

#69 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

im sending a pm to prawn, then i shall post up here the situation and how its going to be fixed.

its all above board and simon has done the right thing, something i think all decent busnessmen would do.

#70 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

the pm sent to prawn.

no more slating, this is the situation. it is being sorted.

want to tell a story? get the facts and tell the right one. dont miss the important bits out!

hey

dude, if you are going to tell the forum of the story, please tell the right one. thats all i ask.

i know its annoying, i know its a pain in the arse. i have spoken to simon today, as i usually do when i go to work :lol:

he has said he has had loads of different people ringing him up and asking for the relase of the engine. but non of the people were in "authority" oli's parents,uncle, aunt...all younger people. simon said that he would not give a 5k engine out until someone other then oli's mates had been in contact. afterall oli's father paid for the engine so his word is final. simon has not recieved a call from either of oli's parents, quite rightly so, the engine and mini will be the last thing on their minds. simon did however have a call from a friend of oli's mum. a police officer i believe. who has said the engine will be delivered. yes it was supposed to be being delivered thursday. they lifted it onto the pallet and noticed some of the parts were missing. now i can hear you say "yeah right! it just isnt ready!" well i can vouch that this engine has been ready since i started at morspeed, that was just before or just after christmas. simon had sent oli some photos of the fully built engine to his phone. this is proof enough that it was done. i hear you ask where have the other parts gone...a former worker has used them for a seperate engine without teling simon. as the engine has been on a stand for months no one noticed. he apologises for this bit. with the new parts fitted the engine will need to be run again to make sure tdc of the engine is the same as the crank sensor. the engine is now on priority. it will be with the address simon has been supplied with by the end of next week.

anymore problems, contact me.

dan

#71 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

the pm sent to prawn.

no more slating, this is the situation. it is being sorted.

want to tell a story? get the facts and tell the right one. dont miss the important bits out!

hey

dude, if you are going to tell the forum of the story, please tell the right one. thats all i ask.

i know its annoying, i know its a pain in the arse. i have spoken to simon today, as i usually do when i go to work :lol:

he has said he has had loads of different people ringing him up and asking for the relase of the engine. but non of the people were in "authority" oli's parents,uncle, aunt...all younger people. simon said that he would not give a 5k engine out until someone other then oli's mates had been in contact. afterall oli's father paid for the engine so his word is final. simon has not recieved a call from either of oli's parents, quite rightly so, the engine and mini will be the last thing on their minds. simon did however have a call from a friend of oli's mum. a police officer i believe. who has said the engine will be delivered. yes it was supposed to be being delivered thursday. they lifted it onto the pallet and noticed some of the parts were missing. now i can hear you say "yeah right! it just isnt ready!" well i can vouch that this engine has been ready since i started at morspeed, that was just before or just after christmas. simon had sent oli some photos of the fully built engine to his phone. this is proof enough that it was done. i hear you ask where have the other parts gone...a former worker has used them for a seperate engine without teling simon. as the engine has been on a stand for months no one noticed. he apologises for this bit. with the new parts fitted the engine will need to be run again to make sure tdc of the engine is the same as the crank sensor. the engine is now on priority. it will be with the address simon has been supplied with by the end of next week.

anymore problems, contact me.

dan

good man - a full explanation hopefully will stop the speculation.
In fairness there have been issues with the crank sensor on mine so it makes perfect sense to thoroughly check oli's as it is exactly the same as mine.
to do this would involve a full dyno run, and booking runs into simons preferred dyno guy at the moment takes time as he is very busy.

#72 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

im not one to shy away from my opinon, as you all know. but i will not see someone slated if there is no reason. missing bits out of the story is not right.

he is not ripping anyone off, he is just covering his arse! if he lets the engine go to someone and then oli's parents ring up and ask for it. whats he to say...some kid has got it!? costing himself another 5k+ and looking like a k**b!

good business sense if you ask me!

(but you wont because you dont want to get moaned at!)

:lol:

Edited by Jammy_basturd, 31 May 2008 - 11:00 AM.
Naughty words, tut tut

#73 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:16 PM

NO.

I'm sorry, i TOTALLY disagree.

Simon told me, with NO doubt what so ever on Thursday, that the engine HAD been posted in his absence.

He repeated back to me my own phone number, already written down on his desk, and promised to call me back telling me exactly when the engine had been shipped out.

It is being said that 'loads' of people contacted simon with different requests over the past few months, which is simply not true.

I, and I alone have full control of all Olis automotive assets since his death, and Simon was told this.

I simply gave simon the delivery address, which Oli had already given him some 4 months earlier, and asked him to ensure the shipment still went ahead.

When nothing arrived, another close friend of ours again contacted simon and gave him the SAME address again.

Apparently Simon would not send out such a valuable engine at the request of a 'friend' wanting confirmation from a member of Oli's family.

Had simon just told me this at the time, I would be happy to give him Carol Lewis's phone number so he could contact her directly.

Instead, we all had to suffer. The pain and suffering everyone went through when the engine did not turn up in time for the riviera run was simply rediculous.

Simon knew back in December that the car HAD to be completed by May for the run.

If he was simply awaiting confirmation from a family member, all he had to do was ask.

I'm sorry, I know you guys do care, but Oli was my best friend, and I still struggle to cope with his loss now 6 months on.

To tell me that we broke his mothers heart, PROMISING that we would build his dream car in time for the riviera run, then only to be shot down because apparently my word was not good enough, is simply NOT acceptable AT ALL.

#74 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:38 AM

i have nothing more to say, lets not turn this into a guilt trip or a slanging match.

pm sent to prawn.

the situation is up the top. how it happened and why it happened.

dont specualte anymore. not needed.

i cant do anymore to help you.

one very annoyed johnny vegas look-a-like

#75 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

Sorry, but if this is the case couldn't Simon have just rung up Oli's parents for confirmation prior to shipment, maybe also confirmation of shipping address? It would have taken one simple phone call!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users