Kraig

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

My name is Kraig,
I've been looking around this site for a few weeks now. I'm impressed by your Minis!! I live in the USA and I am considering a project similar to your Z Cars Minis. A Mini would be great to own but they're costly here and I've only seen two on the road in the last few years. I was hoping you could still answer some questions for me.

1. Has anyone drove their bike powered Mini any length of time and how does the motor hold up?

2. How is chain wear?

3. Does the electric reverse work well?

4. Do you run a "posi" differential or does the car get decent traction with a "open" differential?

5. Does the Z Mini handle well with the simple trailing arm rear suspension?

6. Will the stock water pump, pump the coolant to the front mounted radiator easily?

I already have a Honda CBR1000 motor, Merkur XR4Ti (Sierra to you) complete rear suspension, and a Garrett T3 turbo and a small car to put this stuff in. Any help would be appreciated....and I'm on a budget......

#2 Kraig

Kraig

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

My name is Kraig,
I've been looking around this site for a few weeks now. I'm impressed by your Minis!! I live in the USA and I am considering a project similar to your Z Cars Minis. A Mini would be great to own but they're costly here and I've only seen two on the road in the last few years. I was hoping you could still answer some questions for me.

1. Has anyone drove their bike powered Mini any length of time and how does the motor hold up?

2. How is chain wear?

3. Does the electric reverse work well?

4. Do you run a "posi" differential or does the car get decent traction with a "open" differential?

5. Does the Z Mini handle well with the simple trailing arm rear suspension?

6. Will the stock water pump, pump the coolant to the front mounted radiator easily?

I already have a Honda CBR1000 motor, Merkur XR4Ti (Sierra to you) complete rear suspension, and a Garrett T3 turbo and a small car to put this stuff in. Any help would be appreciated....and I'm on a budget......

#3 Adamsm

Adamsm

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

1. Mine is still on jackstands.

2. Haven't driven it yet.

3. Works well in the air, i'll tell you more once the car is on the ground in about a week.

4. Got the optional L.S.D in my kit / Haven't driven it yet.

5. Do a search on google videos for "Zcars race" and you tell me.

6. Yes, although I have a high volume oil pump gear that also speeds up the water pump.

What's the budget and what car do you intend on using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users