81 replies to this topic

#61 Steve8274

Steve8274

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

I purchased a dash from ebay member Ivory33. Messaged the guy to ask about postage. He said it was free postage. Bonus. Won the item and paid. Next day he claims he damaged the edge of dash. I said should be ok because I was planning on recovering it. Next he said needed gluing because it had split. Again I said no problems. Next day he claims his work partner had put it in skip and refunded my money. Obviously he didn't want to post. Wouldn't have minded paying for postage because it would still have been good price.
Why can't people be truthful?

#62 cambiker71

cambiker71

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: Cambscustomclassics.com

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:41 AM

I'll add another, DRAGONWHITE, bought item, courier tracking said delivered, then they started a non delivery case.
Use tracked delivery people, one day it'll help you like it has helped me today!

#63 Bubblebobble

Bubblebobble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

I find that you really have to safeguard yourself , buying or selling . Selling you are at risk of them saying it has never turned up , so getting a refund and your item for free. Solution , send buy the best method you can , with signed for delivery . You can then give ebay your tracking number to prove it was delivered .

Buying , dont leave anything to chance and assume something is going to be much worse than it is . Try to get a feel for what the person like by having a bit of conversation ? Do there photos look like they live in a dump ?  Make yourself familiar with the terms for getting a refund , and the cut off date for applying . I give someone the benefit of the doubt for a while , maybe a week sending them messages to see whats up - getting the huff doesnt get you anywhere . The reason i do this is life does have a way of getting in the way of things , and sometimes a parcel is the least of peoples worries . I have probably had this happen to me 5 times out of 500 transactions where there has been some sort of family emergency .

But on the other hand i have had people just not communicate , send stuff or send me crap so i have got  refund  within the allowed timeframe .

#64 Gadgets

Gadgets

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

Ebay used to be good but full of nonsesne now, I hardly use it. and Gumtree is now also owned by Ebay!

#65 MrBounce

MrBounce

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:30 AM

I'm adding neilclayton777 to the list of eBay members to avoid. I bought a Facet fuel pump on a Buy it now from him and paid up. It had "signed for delivery" and a week's delivery time. 14 days later, nothing. Email sent, no response. I tried one more time again with no response so I just opened up a case and claimed my money back via eBay.

What a ****. A stupid excuse is better than not responding at all.

#66 Lucas1988

Lucas1988

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Local Club: Frome Mini Club

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Received a set of doors and boot from a bloke of eBay that were apparently "rust free".

They may have been when they were brought new but they certainly weren't when they arrived earlier today, they looked like they had been thrown around a workshop and out in rain and a brief spray over with some primer and then sold.

Thought I'd at least be able to use one door but both are just as bad as other, not worth half what I paid for them, definitely going to try and get money back for them.

Hope can actually get all the money back for them...

Edited by Lucas1988, 23 February 2015 - 04:24 PM.

#67 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

Received a set of doors and boot from a bloke of eBay that were apparently "rust free".
They may have been when they were brought new but they certainly weren't when they arrived earlier today, they looked like they had been thrown around a workshop and out in rain and a brief spray over with some primer and then sold.
Thought I'd at least be able to use one door but both are just as bad as other, not worth half what I paid for them, definitely going to try and get money back for them.
Hope can actually get all the money back for them...

Who though?

#68 Dusky

Dusky

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

ANyone got experience with " edwardbarton92

"?

#69 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:29 AM

DO NOT EVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM 

Seller ID:

hi-etech

They dispatched the item (laptop screen) quickly but it was a completely different screen to the one advertised.

I contacted them about it and they spent the first 2 days disputing the fact it was wrong and then spent a further week asking stupid questions, making silly requests and then finally offered me a partial refund of 30% (about £9!) and keep the item.

Absolute Joke.

Now they have finally agreed to a return but have requested i send it standard delivery and made a point of requesting i buy postage without insurance.

I expect this is so they can have the item back, claim that it has arrived broken and not give me a refund.

I just wish i had read their feedback first before buying from them. 240 Negative feedbacks this month so far!  O_O

Thought it was worth a warn because they sell alot of stuff that anyone might buy.

Ben

#70 MrBounce

MrBounce

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

The eBay user smithy3793 is a complete and utter twinkie. He bought some brake pipes then didn't pay and didn't respond to anything. I had to open a case to get my listing fees back as a result. He's now been added to my ever-growing list of blocked users. :angry:

Edited by MrBounce, 23 August 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#71 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

Adding to my post above about hi-etech, they are based out of weston-super-mare but also trade under lots of names so just avoid any power sellers based there as they are the same company

#72 Fast Ivan

Fast Ivan

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

andrericardo

avoid, I should have checked his feedback before I dealt with him as its not the best

right "a hole" to deal with

fortunately ebay ruled in my favour and I got my money back

#73 Sussex_pete

Sussex_pete

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

Another one that potential owners should avoid appears to be littlegems121 aka Robert (Bob) Long, of Bungay in Norfolk. He has a current ebay auction for the "Earlest Morris Mini Cooper in the world" at a price of £100K. He is a known scammer on other items and there is a lengthy story about him trying to sell a fake Rolex watch on Facebook and even having to appear in court about the matter.

#74 Wizzalong

Wizzalong

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:49 PM

Just browsing e-bay for mini's came across this person wezzo44 he has dozens of cars, bikes, yachts etc. two mini's with same description, £1.00 starting fee, Is this a scam? seems too good to be true (usually is)

#75 Wizzalong

Wizzalong

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:51 PM

Just browsing e-bay for mini's came across this person wezzo44 he has dozens of cars, bikes, yachts etc. two mini's with same description, £1.00 starting fee, Is this a scam? seems too good to be true (usually is)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users