9 replies to this topic

#1 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

What started off a great day with me ordering some nice bits for the mini and changing front subby tower and floor mounts after a good several hours of trying to get them to line up, I ran into a bit of a crappy problem.

When all the bushes were installed, I began installing the final bush: the driver's side teardrop poly bush. Now the passenger side went in very easy although the locating pin isn't in the hole since the hole is several mm in front of it...
However on the driver's side, my attempt to install it resulted in the welded in nut holding the bush to the front panel BREAKING OFF, no not alone, but taking a good 1.5cm diameter chunk of the front panel as well!!!!! Leaving a very jagged hole now!!! :\
Gonna install some really big washers there and tighten it up tomorow, shouldn't be too much bother since the bush has a metal sleeve in it there. After I tighten it up I might simply weld up the washer and nut that I'm using to the front panel from underneath and job's a goodun!
Also my brand new electronic tach seems to be very very laggy! :\ Oh and did I mention my bulkhead is not at all pretty with almost all the holes for the tower bolts being anything but round!!!

Oh well, we'll see during the test ride...

Another good thing was that I painted my roof rack and tried putting it on! Looks really nice (IMHO) but needs another lick of paint and needs rubbers or something between the clamps and the roof gutter!

Also need to aquire some front wheel arches and butcher a bit of the metal wing to make it even on both sides before covering up the ugliness with the arches :P

Now if only I could find someone to finally make me that carbon bonnet and bootlid who's willing to ship it to Cyprus, the mini will be close to being complete :cry:

#2 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:16 PM

Alloy towers

Attached Files

#3 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:17 PM

Passenger side teardrop installed

Attached Files

#4 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:18 PM

Driver's side teardrop problem!

Attached Files

#5 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:19 PM

And the cause of the problem:

Attached Files

#6 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:21 PM

Floor mounts! Pretty!

Attached Files

#7 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

Now some pics of the car with the roof rack. Looks classy I think :P

Dents in the roof will hopefully be sorted out when it gets resprayed in a month or two!

Attached Files

#8 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

And another angle!

Attached Files

#9 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:50 AM

Hey that roof rack really does look mint, hmm i want one too. Why does it need a respray it doesn't look that bad. You only seem to be missing an arch.

MiniMoi

#10 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 08:58 PM

That reg number is really cool :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users