#1 1976 clubamn

1976 clubamn

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Local Club: None yet

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:50 AM

i have just aquired some heavy duty tie rods and was wondering how you would go about setting them up? is there a specific way or do you just do it by eye?

cheers

#2 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:08 AM

You take it to someone who has the equipment to do tracking and other suspension setup :P

#3 Guest_falk_*

Guest_falk_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

yep...
as a rule of thumb adjust them to the length of the original ones before you fit them. next step then is as Pavel already mentioned to take them to a tracking setup place...

#4 1976 clubamn

1976 clubamn

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Local Club: None yet

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:52 AM

makes sence. cheers.

#5 Joolsy

Joolsy

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:43 AM

Ello , I found this little guide on the Minispares website. It should get you rolling till you get it set up in a workshop properly.

Attached Files

#6 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:23 PM

i set mine both completly equal as roughly to the std set up as i could, when measured it was found to be a +5degrees caster whihc is slightly more than the std but feels nice still! You may have a problem fiding places that will set caster, i found the bets place to try was BUSH tyres

#7 P91MER

P91MER

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:21 PM

I have literally just fitted a set of these, along with some 1.5 -ve camber bottoms. The handling is a bit i dunno, wierd, first of all i set the tie rod to standard length, and it was almost as tho it tramlines. So then i lenghtened the tie rod by 2 turns to decrease the toe-in angle which has made it slightly better, but it still pulls wierdly.
It drifts slightly to the left aswel, me thinks i need my castor doing properly!

Will be ringing round tomorrow to get somebody to do it.

Or is it just because of the camber, makes the handling perform differently?

#8 Guest_falk_*

Guest_falk_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:37 PM

the bottomarms makes it a little bit feeling like selfcentering stronger ('tramlining') have you got your tracking done after fitting all the parts? then this should be gone... :cheese:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users