162 replies to this topic

#16 hoggy

hoggy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

Does the mk3 shell have holes for the later large two tower bolts? MK3 mini subframes bolt to the body using four smaller bolts, whereas the allspeed frame is designed for using the two large bolts.

Just wondering because i've got an allspeed frame and might possibly be getting a mk3 shell, so want to make sure it will fit.

#17 *franky*

*franky*

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

Does the mk3 shell have holes for the later large two tower bolts? MK3 mini subframes bolt to the body using four smaller bolts, whereas the allspeed frame is designed for using the two large bolts.

Just wondering because i've got an allspeed frame and might possibly be getting a mk3 shell, so want to make sure it will fit.

unsure at the mo mate i havent took the old subframe off yet, and i havent got the allspeed frame yet. once i find out i will post it up.

woooooooooooohooooooooooo subframe the mro :) :) :closed:

#18 *franky*

*franky*

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

just a few more pics aint been that busy aint had the time. hopeing to get some were this weekend tho. any way got my sub-frame from allspeed, exelent bit of kit like, bit pricey tho. finished the engine + gear box, ready to go in. new bottom arms tie bars and camber brackets for the rear. the colour what do you think lads british racing green or white? also going to go for the curley carbon arches. :lol:

Attached File  frame.jpg   767.54K   112 downloads
Attached File  camber.jpg   711.23K   38 downloads
Attached File  g_box.jpg   653.52K   23 downloads
Attached File  19032008006.jpg   594.21K   83 downloads

#19 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

Very nice, i ordered my frame this week, i cant wait to get started. Just out of interest, how long was the wait for yours?

The bottom arms and tie bars, did you go for the allspeed ones?

Mike

#20 *franky*

*franky*

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

Very nice, i ordered my frame this week, i cant wait to get started. Just out of interest, how long was the wait for yours?

The bottom arms and tie bars, did you go for the allspeed ones?

Mike

it was bout 3 weeks mate. got the bottom arms tie bars and camber brackets with bushes for £100, :lol: from huddersfield mini spares. what engine you going for mate?

#21 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

Rob told me 5 weeks for mine, but thats fine, give me chance to save the rest of the money.

Im going to be going for a 2ltr redtop. My project is in the section somewhere. I shall keep a watch of this, see how you get on with yours. As i'l probably still be doing mine when yours is on the road :lol:

#22 *franky*

*franky*

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

Rob told me 5 weeks for mine, but thats fine, give me chance to save the rest of the money.

Im going to be going for a 2ltr redtop. My project is in the section somewhere. I shall keep a watch of this, see how you get on with yours. As i'l probably still be doing mine when yours is on the road :lol:

the race is on then whos will be fin first lol good luck mate :P

#23 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

lol, we shall see. Be interesting to see how they come out.

#24 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

Made any progress? >_<

#25 *franky*

*franky*

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

Made any progress? :)

getting there mate got my frame in bottom arms tie bars on. also put new bearings in the top arms both sides. will post some pics up later on. still got a bit of welding to do. :thumbsup:

#26 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, ive found plenty of welding to do on mine. Just went to bolt the front legs of my cage down and put the drill straight through the front corners of the floor. 1" hole on one side and a 1/8"th hole on the other, so may have some patching to do.

Picture would be good =]

#27 *franky*

*franky*

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

will get some pics up soon hoping to get my engine in tomro will up date the mro. where i am going to bolt my rollcage in i have welded plates on the car floor to strenghen it.

#28 *franky*

*franky*

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

just finished getting the engine in, working in the snow is no good like lol. its all coming together now just cant wait till its done. buying the frame off allspeed is the best thing i have done, makes the job a lot easier than making one, well worth £800 all day. (thanks rob) :P .
can any one help i have just tryed to post some pics up on how i am doing, but its saying upload failed the file was larger than the available space. is there a way of posting pics any outher way. :P lol thanks

#29 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

sign up on photobucket.com and upload your pics on there, then just copy the image codes over on here....

#30 hoggy

hoggy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

How are you planning on fitting the huddersfield tie bar and bottom arms to the allspeed frame? Are the mounting points not different?
Do you have any pics of how you are fitting them, as i'd rather spend £100 on the huddersfield ones than 300 odd for allspeed arms.

Cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users