#1 Badoff

Badoff

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:38 PM

Hi everyone

I have a 1340 engine that i built about a year ago now. A couple of months ago i started hearing a horrible knocking noise which i traced back to the flywheel turned out that the bolts on the hub of the flywheel had come loose and one had sheared off. I put a second hand flywheel on and a brand new clutch and backplate all was ok, untill saturday just gone. I started hearing a knocking noise again different from last time but sounded even worse so i pulled over and popped the bonnet. Nothing to see obviously internal i thought, i decided to try and make it home and then found i had no clutch, time to phone dad for a tow. Anyways sorry its so long winded but just wondered if anybody had any ideas what could be causing this as its gonna be a couple of weeks before i can get the engine out to have a look and think its a bit strange for it to break so quickly.

While the engines out I want to make a few mods i know its a little way of from my 72bhp at the mo but was hoping to get to arround the 100bhp mark any suggestions on the best ways to do this?

#2 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

Did the engine speed drop when you press the clutch down?

#3 Badoff

Badoff

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:41 PM

No not that i remember but im pretty sure the noise got worse.

#4 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:57 AM

just hazardingt a gues maybe a clutch plates come loose. where you ragin it at the time?

#5 Badoff

Badoff

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:25 AM

yeh i was pulling out onto a dual carriage way at the time from the detling show grounds kit car show, anybody go? as igot there a bit late and couldnt go in.

Nice mini miniman5 read through your project post last night. Do you live in kent? was thinking of getting a local mini club going any one interested? or anyone know of one local, I'm in maidstone.

#6 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:23 PM

Yea, there is the Southern Mini Owners Club (SMOC) we have meeting twice a month, one at Rochester and one just ouside Maidstone.

So you didn't get to go round the show?! I was going to go but circumstance wouldn't allow!!

#7 Badoff

Badoff

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

No turned up at about 4 it shut at 5 and they still wanted £8 just to have a quick look around so planned to go sunday but that went out the window when i broke down. Does smoc have a web site?

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:23 PM

Yep - SMOC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users