Photo

Setting Idle Speed With A Diagnostic Tool?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Avl_Paul

Avl_Paul

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:22 AM

Is there anywhere I can get instructions on setting the idle speed with a diagnostic tool? Ie. I suspect someone has mis-adjusted the idle screw on the throttle. Where can I get instructions on how to reset? (I will have a loaner diagnostic tool for the week so please don't advise I buy a book, etc.). I do have the Haynes manual but it seems to say go to a Rover dealer (not an option in my case).

#2 BoyracerAU

BoyracerAU

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hi Paul,

I've recently received an ACT1 and I think the little instruction booklets that accompanied the kit have the information you need.

Let me know if you're using an ACT1 and it's supplied to you without the relevant booklet. I can probably scan it for you.

To be honest, I didn't go into the tuning part (of the little booklet) in much detail as I'm only troubleshooting at the minute, but I do seem to recall it needs a gas analyser or something of the kind to get a tuning job done.

#3 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:59 AM

Adjust the screw that acts on the stepper motor plunger, not the screw that is protected by a seal at the back of the throttle body, that is factory set and shouldnt be adjusted, infact, not many people know its there.

If your diagnostic doesnt have an idle air/ stepper tuning facility, ajdust untill the step count reads 20 - 40 steps at idle, i set it around the 30 -40 mark though, just gives a little more room at the lower end. Very important you adjust the throttle cable correctly first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users