28 replies to this topic

#1 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

I've just enquired into insurance for my z car. I was quoted £499 from sureterm and £525 by Adrian Flux. Is that a good price to pay? Its just that i'm sure i've seen people posting quotes of £250-£300. My quote was for a busa z car valued at £20,000. I'm 32 years old.

Thanks

Tommy

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:20 PM

Linky

#3 al_reidy

al_reidy

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Local Club: Geeks N Freaks

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

it seems to depend on the random guy at the other end of the phone. my 1972 mini zcar was quoted £285 fully comp with £20k value. salvage retention and thats with me having a fire claim. but then i got quoted by the same company £380 ish when i changed something. i could never figure it out until i remembered i didnt tell them about the clifford cat1 alarm imob.....

Al

#4 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

it seems to depend on the random guy at the other end of the phone. my 1972 mini zcar was quoted £285 fully comp with £20k value. salvage retention and thats with me having a fire claim. but then i got quoted by the same company £380 ish when i changed something. i could never figure it out until i remembered i didnt tell them about the clifford cat1 alarm imob.....

Al

Thanks for that. Who did you get your quote with?

#5 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

Just a bit of advice for anyone else trying to insure their car. Don't bother with 'Performance direct' . What a load of *******. I'v just spent the last hour and a half or so getting passed from pillar to post and cut off 3 times.

#6 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

I've just enquired into insurance for my z car. I was quoted £499 from sureterm and £525 by Adrian Flux. Is that a good price to pay? Its just that i'm sure i've seen people posting quotes of £250-£300. My quote was for a busa z car valued at £20,000. I'm 32 years old.

Thanks

Tommy

Hi Tommy

Did you have ltd mileage to that? that usually helps get the cost down. I insured mine through sureterm although mine was for £5000 less, with 5000 miles a year limit and in a different area so i wouldn't say that your quote is outrageous.

Also did you tell them you plan to race it? That won't help :D :lol:

#7 al_reidy

al_reidy

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Local Club: Geeks N Freaks

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:36 AM

Al

Thanks for that. Who did you get your quote with?

Sureterm and miniworld insurance

Al

#8 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:45 AM

Sureterm £243.00 with value 18k. I am old tho :lol:

#9 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

Well after lots of trying the cheapest quote i got was with Peter Bent Insurance. That was £429. That is with everything listed that is on the car so that i know it is well covered. I guess that is the best i'm gonna get.

#10 MiniMrMan

MiniMrMan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Local Club: HEY Mini Owners Club

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:50 PM

Last year my 1st year insuring my zcars mini cost me £758 pounds. I was 22 then on a classic policy with limited (5000) miles, car (a vtech) was all declared and valued at around £25000. Mini World/HIC. Cover me for track days, trips to Europe and agreed value.

I thought this was quite good!

#11 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

Well its time to renew the isurance on mine as ive had it 12 months, And a quick phonecall to sureterm comback with a renewel of £453!!!!
I only paid £275 last year but after a long in depth discussion with a phone operator who actually knew something about cars disclosed that zcars conversions are now classed as a high risk car due to all of the insurance claims being made against them.
I know of 2 accidents which have resulted in claims being made, but their is hundreds out there now so i suppose that doesnt help????

It may just answer some of the questions why the quotes are going up.
Im 34 no accidents, claims or convictions, limited 3000 miles, agreed value etc

Cheers

#12 Spoonz

Spoonz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:00 PM

im 21 , im insurring mine for the 1st time soon, eeep

#13 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

The insurance company's have paid out quite a bit lately on zcars. :

We need careful drivers.

Edited by koss, 03 March 2008 - 09:43 PM.

#14 Mini Type R

Mini Type R

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

I phoned Hill House Hammond to get a quote, went through the specification, without mentioning ZCars, then asked something that she needed to check with her supervisor, when she came back she asked whether it was a ZCars Mini and then said that they won't insure them!!

#15 Spoonz

Spoonz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

I phoned Hill House Hammond to get a quote, went through the specification, without mentioning ZCars, then asked something that she needed to check with her supervisor, when she came back she asked whether it was a ZCars Mini and then said that they won't insure them!!

who has crashed them then ?

spoonz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users