Photo

Replaceing The Battry In The Immobolizer Fob?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scottyegg

scottyegg

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:05 AM

will it need re syncronising ? (sp) and if so how ?

#2 tomsbluemini

tomsbluemini

My Blue little monster

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC / Kentish

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:53 PM

will it need re syncronising ? (sp) and if so how ?

see the bottom of my "alarm" thread a couple of days ago...

cheers

Tom

#3 elvisthepizzaman

elvisthepizzaman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Local Club: Minis of the Rockies

Posted 10 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

when you go to replace the batt, while the old one is out, hold the both buttons down for like 10sec, then insert the new batt. when you get in the car, put the key to ignition but dont start. press the arm or lock button several times, that should resync the fob to the module. then unlock and start.

#4 redhotmini

redhotmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

My mini owners book says:

1) Carefully prise the handset apart, start from the keyring end using a small screwdriver or coin.: Avoid damaging the seal between the two halves of the casing and do not allow dirt or moisture to get inside the handset.

2) Slide the battery out of its clip, taking care to avoid touching the cicuit board or the contact surfaces of the clip.

3) Press and hold each button in turn for at least five seconds to drain any residual power in the handset.

4) Fit the new battery, ensuring the correct polarity is maintained. (positive '+' side facing up). Finger marks will adversely affect the battery life, avoid touching the flat surfaces of the battery or wipe them clean before fitting.

5) Reassemble the 2 halves of the handset.

6) Unlock the car, then press the handset lock button at least four times to resyncronise the handset to the car. (you dont need to insert the key or anything like that)

The handset is now ready to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users