#1 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

HAs anyone got any pics of a mini hub that has been converted to run the ford PCD as its easier and cheaper to get ford wheels and they run a 12mm stud which is a bit safer than the original 3/8" mini stud?

cheers

#2 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

Didn't Dean change his pcd to suit his new wheels, I can see your looking at his thread now, a lot of the pictures have gone now though, I'm sure he had them redrilled to 100*4 not the 108*4 Ford setup but as long as there is enough metal the principle is the same

Cheers
David

#3 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

Hi Mark,

I have seen it done and on a car but I don't have a close up picture of it. Mini Hubs were used and the PCD re-drilled, it was done by dropping a milled out sierra hub over the hub of the mini. Obviously it doesn't leave much 'meat' in the flange though.

I'll try and get a picture sent to me.

Les.

#4 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:04 PM

yes i thought he had but as you say a lot of the pictures have been lost from when the forum was moving servers a while back, i would have thought you would need to do them on a dividing head machine to get them exactly spot on as there is no centre boss to locate the wheel on so all the weight would be on the studs anyway.

cheers

#5 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

Alright mark just noticed this thread. Did you manage to find a way of drilling the hubs? A local engineering firm modded mine for me. I could ask them tomorrow if that helps. Let me know

#6 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:20 AM

Alright mark just noticed this thread. Did you manage to find a way of drilling the hubs? A local engineering firm modded mine for me. I could ask them tomorrow if that helps. Let me know

Well i have just measured my hubs and there aint enough meat left in diameter to drill them to 108mm pcd with a 12mm stud so i thik i will need new drive flanges off a metro

Posted Image

compared to an original metro flange

Posted Image

anyone got a spare set as most have been used on the fiesta conversion by now!!!
Have you got any pics on your PC of the drill hubs dean??

Cheers

Edited by markrally73, 25 February 2008 - 02:30 AM.

#7 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:21 AM

Here you go Mark. could only find these pics. has the rear hubs already got a pcd fitment of 108mm? thought they might have?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

Cheers dean, looks like i need some flanges then, the rears still have the ford pcd in them,

ps you may need to machine the 4 lugs off your front flanges around the hub nut, it may foul the wheels????

cheers

#9 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

double post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Edited by markrally73, 25 February 2008 - 12:45 PM.

#10 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:55 PM

i see what u mean mate. The centre section of those wheels are large enough to go round the lugs. I may even need to have sum spacers made 2 hold the wheels central but i figure the shafted nuts do that job? Could be wrong?

Edited by dean_chad, 25 February 2008 - 04:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users