Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:58 PM

Hi all,

I heard some disturbing news this week. It seems that the rules and regulations of the SVA will change in March 2009.

I’m building my Zcars in Holland and there are no facilities there to examine kitcars. Therefore I will have to bring the mini to England and have it examined there. This way I will get a EU pass for the car and I can import it back to Holland. (I know, it sounds rediculous but this is still the easiest way to get a kitcar on the road in Holland)

I read that the SVA will change into the IVA and they are bringing a whole lot of changes. I don’t completely understand everything but I would like to know what the effects are for me and Zcars itself…..

I have a terrible feeling that my Zcars build could be in danger….. What is the best way that I should/can do to get my mini SVA’d??? It's still on dutch plates too. Can anyone shine a light for me on this?

http://www.vosa.gov......ure Final.pdf

Thanks if you help a fellow builder out!

René

#2 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:19 PM

Are you sure you will still be able to use it in holland as i bought my mini from belguim, The owner bought it direct from Zcars but was unable to get it registered in belguim due to it being a modified vehicle as the current MOT equivilant stipulates that the vehicle must be fitted with the components it left the factory with. So hence no modifcations allowed which is why he had to put the Mini back up for sale.

Cheers

#3 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

The rules in Belgium are different with Holland. Belgium is not the country you want to live in if you want a kitcar.... The rules are really rediculously dumb there.

If the mini has passed the SVA in England it has a type approval for the EU. With that the mini can be imported to Holland (with a few minor adjustments, nothing serious) In Holland we have the RDW. They import the car and put it on Dutch registration and plates.

In short,...... I need to get my mini approved by the SVA and with an English plate.

Who can and would want to help me with that???? I am aiming for it to have it finished this year......

What about the IVA transformation? Any news on that

Cheers

René

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users