has anyone put a metro radiator in a mini clubman and what it like 2 do

#2 jayare

jayare

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:14 AM

Yes - not too bad - I made a small mod to the front panel to move the rad forward by about an inch and fabricated brackets to mount the rad on. I've used the later (thin) rad, an MPi thermostat housing to point the top hose in the right direction. From there it is a hose from some random classic car that I picked up at an autojumble that has the right bends, a piece of solid metal pipe and a late (carb Cooper) Mini for the top hose and cut down metal metro and flexible Mini bottom hoses plus an angled piece. Here's a pic of the bottom hose:
Posted Image

And how the top hose/expansion tank/rad fit in the engine bay.
Posted Image
JR

#3 squiz680

squiz680

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart mini club

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Yes - not too bad - I made a small mod to the front panel to move the rad forward by about an inch and fabricated brackets to mount the rad on. I've used the later (thin) rad, an MPi thermostat housing to point the top hose in the right direction. From there it is a hose from some random classic car that I picked up at an autojumble that has the right bends, a piece of solid metal pipe and a late (carb Cooper) Mini for the top hose and cut down metal metro and flexible Mini bottom hoses plus an angled piece. Here's a pic of the bottom hose:
Posted Image

And how the top hose/expansion tank/rad fit in the engine bay.
Posted Image
JR

thanks i been havin problem with makin hoses fit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users