#1 Grimmy@JHE

Grimmy@JHE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Local Club: tmf

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

got a 1.6 k series engine and its leaking water from what looks inlet manifold on cylinder one. its putting out water through the exhaust.
is this the start of head gasket? nothing on the oil cap but im thinking that its maybe split between a water jacket and the outside edge of the head just by cylinder 1.
any help is greatly apriciated...
yes i know its not a mini engine so dont be stating the obvious here. i know alot of you have the k series in the mini.
anyone know some good rover forums?
many thanks robert.

#2 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

got a 1.6 k series engine and its leaking water from what looks inlet manifold on cylinder one. its putting out water through the exhaust.
is this the start of head gasket? nothing on the oil cap but im thinking that its maybe split between a water jacket and the outside edge of the head just by cylinder 1.
any help is greatly apriciated...
yes i know its not a mini engine so dont be stating the obvious here. i know alot of you have the k series in the mini.
anyone know some good rover forums?
many thanks robert.

k series always leak from the inlet gasket from the small water pipe to the expansion bottle into cylinder 1 replace the rubber gasket but check the inlet for worpage as they are only plastic

#3 Grimmy@JHE

Grimmy@JHE

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Local Club: tmf

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

cool as. cheers mate. been looking at a couple of forums and it seems this is probably the problem...
cheers for the reply...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users