#17 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

Ha Ha! :D . I did take some pictures (honest :thumbsup: ) but they are soo nafff as it was too dark by the time i remembered to take any. Ill be working on it at the weekend so ill get some up in daylight.

#18 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

Suppose i better do a bit of an update :D .

Right, a few months back i built up the gearbox, all went together fine (no pics im afraid) after a bit of hassle with the baulk rings. I installed a new 1 piece reverse idler bush and reamed it myself (using a fat bolt wrapped in emery cloth, combined with a "modified" flat wood bit!) anyways thats all good. The diff is sorted, just awaiting a pinion from Modyboy / miRon or whoever it is these days, and a diff pin. Will be a 3.44 FDR.

Ive now gotta strip the gearbox off the engine, as im not 100% happy with the big end bolts torquing up. So ive just purchased some ARP bolts, and a new Teng torque wrench, thats this months Mini allowance spent already! But im a bit of a perfectionist like that, and i know it will be done right then.

The 12G295 head is sorted, so i will cross that off the list, i just need to lap in 1 little git of an exhaust valve in (big gap) and stick some new valve guides in at some point. Then it will need calculating for skimming. No idea what CR im heading for yet :lol: . Ive also attempted to polish the ports off.

Ive vented my clutch, so I will find out if that was wise or not later. The lightened fly needs to go back to Jordie08 as its a bit of a duffer, and i will source a nice new one and slap that on. Im trying to sort the drop gears at some point as well, as like an idiot i pushed the bushes out of the primary gear. Never mind.

Ive just purchased a complete MJ setup from someone off here (version 3) for £50. its not perfect, but its somewhere to start. So i will be playing with that in a few weeks. Just need to get an A+ blanking plug for the dizzy, then its all systems go!

I think thats it for now. I will try to get this sorted into a full project page as i keep changing the car about. Pics to come .....

Sometime.... :dontgetit:

#19 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

Ive got a competition diff pin now, and the 3.44 pinion, so the gearbox can be finished. I will take the box off at the weekend and stick my ARP bolts in the big ends. Timing cover and gasket is also on its way, so its just the head left to sort now really.

#20 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Forum

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

Lookin good, I'm going for a 998 build soon.

Really need pics though lol

#21 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

i know, my camera is carp, i cant take pics as im useless, and its usually to dark in the shed.

They are my excuses, but i will try to get some one day for ya. Should be good though, ive got my MJ and my STRAIGHT CUT 998 DROP GEARS >_< so it will be awesome.

#22 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

Where did you get your straight cut drop gears from?

Cheers

#23 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

Was a lucky ebay find. Brand new unused items, A+ so they were ideal really. They weren't cheap though >_< . Should be interesting in a daily driver lol!

#24 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

Was a lucky ebay find. Brand new unused items, A+ so they were ideal really. They weren't cheap though >_< . Should be interesting in a daily driver lol!

Haha your lucky i dont have money, we would of had a bidding war on our hands >_< joking, id buy them and they would never be used lmao

EDIT: and dont read the sig lmao vvvvv that was funny

Edited by sweetser, 17 September 2008 - 09:37 PM.

#25 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

LOL! Thats still funny!

#26 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

O right, cool, so how far away from firring it are you?

#27 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

Its not going in till next March, as my insurance runs out at the beginning of the month and ill get insured after my 19th in April, so its sort of ongoing. Im toying with the idea of a flip front, but i think ill do that at a later date when i get a full respray. I cant wait to get it in!, but on the plus side it will give me a month to sort the car out properly while its off the road.

#28 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

Ah yer, sounds good, I want mine ready for the summer of next year, ready for most of the events, I'm 19 in April too lol.

#29 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

Any progress??

#30 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:51 PM

Ermm i really should get this changed into a full on project thread :) . No progress, no money. Though my Megajolt has been setup, messed about with, now im selling it, and getting a V4!! lol. Its not in properly yet but it works thats the main thing. The only other thing is my moulded arch has been ripped off so money will go into repairing that now >:)

But engine wise nothing has really happened. Still undecided wether to put a 3.44 or 3.105 FDR in, but im getting both so i can change them if i get annoyed with the 3.44.

Need to get the 12g295 ported and have unleaded seats put in at some point too....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users