6 replies to this topic

#1 'Schooee'

'Schooee'

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

Hiya, finally got the mg engine in at last and wired up! :wub: I've done a bit of searching on here and i think it the fueling thats the problem, but just want to double check with you experts 1st. It will run fine with the choke out, and once warm with it in on tick over, and you can increase the revs using the choke, but if you try to use the throttle to give it a blip it jst really struggles and sometimes stalls, is this the fact theres too much/not enough fuel going in? I've got a vid (poor quality i'm afraid as it's from my phone) just to see what you think. Weird though as it sounds like abit like an impreza lol :thumbsup:

http://s40.photobuck...=Video-0002.flv

Many thanks, any help would be appreciated! :D

Ad

#2 stickycreambun

stickycreambun

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

maybe its overfuelled? as in put your foot down and it drowns it? have you got any way you can check the fuelling roughly, like a colourtune or co meter?

#3 'Schooee'

'Schooee'

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:40 AM

maybe its overfuelled? as in put your foot down and it drowns it? have you got any way you can check the fuelling roughly, like a colourtune or co meter?

Yer thats it, i put my foot down and it does just go to die. I've put a pipercross filter on so maybe that's messed up the fueling too? No i havent unfortunatly :thumbsup: are they ready available from motorshops like halfrauds?

#4 stickycreambun

stickycreambun

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

yep there was a thread recently about colourtunes, about 20ish from motor places. it may not be that but there is something up, so you will be able to get it very close whatever it is. for a quick test you could just back the mix off a bit and see if that makes a difference, may need to up the idle a bit.

#5 'Schooee'

'Schooee'

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

Ahrite ok, cheers for the advice! :thumbsup: i'll search that thread up about the colourtunes! I think it could be overfueling, seems to be pretty rich fumes coming out of the exhaust, my mate put his hand next to it and it stunk of fuel for the rest of the night, the fool :wub:

#6 stickycreambun

stickycreambun

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:54 AM

ok yeah, it was fairly recently. does sound like its over fuelling, because I had to sort the same out recently.
:thumbsup:

#7 'Schooee'

'Schooee'

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

Cheers, found the threads too!! >_< I'm sure i'll be back for your advice if that's not the problem! :ohno:

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users