1498 replies to this topic

#16 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

Just secured my Insurance, I was quoted £543! & I'm a 17 year old lad, so I'm really bloody chuffed about that, I was expecting to pay £1,300 so the difference in money I will use for my mini :).

#17 Jackabee

Jackabee

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:33 AM

wow!! where did you go for that? i'm on the hunt at the moment and i'm also a 17 yr old lad! :)

J

#18 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

PM'd :).

#19 Angelic_Fruitcake

Angelic_Fruitcake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

Thats a nice looking mini!

An congrats on the insurance, thats a good price given your age :)

#20 dave20046

dave20046

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:08 PM

PM'd ;).

Could you pm me the insurance company too please?! :)

#21 dave20046

dave20046

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the PM :) , I did try to get a quote off them in the past but they said I had to be 25+ - are you on your parents name or something ? :S

#22 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:12 PM

Nope, It's in my name! I can try and find some details.

Dad sorted it for me, but I think he did an online quote first and then phoned up to say 'Hold on this can't be right?' but apparently it was so she sent through the details via post and then Dad phoned up and got it all sorted.

I'm off to the pub :), but I'll have a chat with Dad tomorrow and see what he did.

#23 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Oh god, I didn't realise how long Tcutting & polishing takes! I was only out for about 2-3 hours and got the front right wing done & the bonnet, but they're looking wonderful.

Luckily I only washed the right side of her with the green side of a pad so it's only that half that got all scratched up, but still :shifty:.

I got paid too so I'm exciting about buying my first things for her :thumbsup: might replace all the lights with clear ones.

#24 Jackabee

Jackabee

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

Lol that reminds me - I should really get round to t-cutting mine now its nice and sunny :shifty:

#25 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:26 PM

She's leaking :shifty: there is a spot of oil on the drive.

I'll take pictures tomorrow of the underside because I'm not sure where it's coming from.

& also when I accelerate she seems to drag a little, it seems like she slows down or like something is grinding, any ideas?
(could be because the engine wasn't warm, but I'm fearing it's something to do with the leak.)

#26 Gingerjoe

Gingerjoe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Local Club: Tmf

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

hey bro, its looking rad! glad you finally got one! your as bad as me, I clean mine all the blooming time! usally just polish the chrome as the back bumper allways come up so nice :thumbsup: & you fancy pm'ing that insurance company to me too?

#27 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

Haven't been working on her in a few days & I'm not sure if I should work on her today.. only 2 days left of the holiday and I've stupidly left all my art work till the last minute again.. :dontgetit:, so I think I'll try and do both.

Anyway, in the post yesterday arrived, clear indicators (side & front) & also clear rear lights, unfortunately one of the brake bulbs had broke during transit so I'll have to phone them up and get a replacement, but in the mean time I'll fit the front & side lights.

& I'll also try and finish my Tcutting & polishing.

#28 dragenzo

dragenzo

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local Club: Renagrades, wakefield

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

pm me about insurance please i turn 17 13th april and have a mini just about to get painted thanks and mini looks mate good cant wait to get cleaning mine when its done get new shiny wheels that will need cleaning thanks.

#29 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

Pretty small change, but she looks a bit smarter already.

Before,
Posted Image

After,
Posted Image

Couldn't replace the rears because of the bulb, so that's going to have to wait a few days until I get it sorted, couldn't fault the service though! It was all very nicely wrapped & protected, the tiny bulb just fancied an excursion.

I'm going to go out in a bit and clean her all down nicely, tcut & polish, and then hopefully start polishing all the chrome & such.

#30 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

I've just been out & taken off the front bumper, grill & grill surrounds, then given them a really good clean up with Autosecal? or something, cleaned out underneath around the front of the engine bay and replaced the brightwork with new screws & bolts.

Couldn't remove the rear one though because the bolts were rusted on, but I still polished it up.

About to go out again and give the whole outside a clean down and a polish, any tips for getting rid of water droplet marks?

Pictures to follow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users