#1 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

Hopefully someone can answer.......

I'm looking at getting a cosworth rear diff for our bike engine install, problem is the inputs on the diff are similar to mini hardy spicers in that the shafts are bolted together (just before they enter the diff) via a mounting face. The Z Cars shafts I have (sierra ones) are push in type.

The question is, will my shafts fit into the cossy diff?

cheers,
Les

#2 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:06 PM

Hopefully someone can answer.......

I'm looking at getting a cosworth rear diff for our bike engine install, problem is the inputs on the diff are similar to mini hardy spicers in that the shafts are bolted together (just before they enter the diff) via a mounting face. The Z Cars shafts I have (sierra ones) are push in type.

The question is, will my shafts fit into the cossy diff?

cheers,
Les

Hello Les,
Assuming your going to use a 7" lsd, not the 7.5", I believe it is possible using standard Sierra driveshafts to do exactly that, various sierra driveshafts have different spline counts, I suppose you could be lucky in having the right one to match the Lobro LSD diff. You may find more info to help you at www.locostbuilders.co.uk

Cheers
David

#3 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for the info David.

Slightly confused now though, seems this cossy diff will be a 7.5" and possibly no good for my push in shafts. Unless Z cars were originally hybrid'ing (sp) them to be used with an LSD.

Anyone know what shafts are used on the Z Cars LSD gripper diff.

Looks like a call to Chris on Monday morning.

Les.

#4 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

I believe the 2wd Cosworth used the 7.5" diff and the 4wd Cosworth uses the 7" diff.

The 7.5" diff has 108mm Lobros and much heavier thicker diameter driveshafts, the 7" diff has 100mm Lobros and the lighter smaller diameter driveshafts.

The 7.5 diff will not fit the push in shafts you have now, they are huge, the thickest driveshafts I've ever seen!

The gripper diff is fitted to a standard open sierra diff with the push in shafts, if that's what you have it may be the easiest option

Cheers
David

#5 Busa-mini

Busa-mini

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

Morning. I have up for grabs a ZCars LSD that was with my original kit. It has only done about 3 miles from instalation and you would be able to fit your drive shafts straight in.

Attached File  ZCar_LSD.jpg   114.07K   54 downloads

Paul

#6 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

pm sent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users