9 replies to this topic

#1 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:16 AM

ado! im off to himley hall and need some new shokers on the front, the back where replaced abotu 6 months ago (standard) so i am after some good shocks and recomendations? ok im also after a replacement eliment for th eair filter, i am slightly unsure on what to get though, also, my dad is complaininy the brakes are no good, should i change the pads?

#2 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:45 AM

Gaz shocks, filter- K&N or just get a whole stage one kit.

Don't just buy pads for the sake of it. Take the wheel off and inspect the thickness and condition of the pads.

#3 Cir-clipalot

Cir-clipalot

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

yeah the symptoms of pads low are awful screeching noises as the backing plates scrape on the discs (and usually ruin them), as well as loss of braking power, but as sam says take the wheel off 'n' have a peek.
more likely to need bleeding or something. also if youre in the aa i think you get a free brake check at one of their centres once per year or something? i remember using my 'go' for the year recently. worth a try if you cant locate the problem.
And if youre concerned about insurance you might actually be pleasantly surprised to notice the difference standard but brand new dampers make over any type of worn out ones.
have fun!

#4 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

ok what element do i need?

#5 Cir-clipalot

Cir-clipalot

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

as sam sez you can get a K+N element which looks just like a normal filter (different colour+material obviously) drops in the standard airbox and are sposed to be pretty good. Ive tried both and in comparison to K+N cone filters the elements are a LOT quieter. in any case you can buy a cleaner kit for the filter and then you never need to buy another disposable air filter ever again!

#6 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:20 AM

If you want to spend a little less on shocks, not saying that the GAZ shocks arnt good, but value for money I'd look for the KYB Gas-a-just shocks, they retail for about 25 quid a corner, make sure the are gas-a-just though as KYB make s number of different shocks.

#7 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:23 AM

im going to get some G-max shocks of Tim for £20! so thatle do for me!, is it ok to drill holes in the air filter box?

#8 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

As long as they are around the edge and not in the middle ( ie on the outer side of the filter )

#9 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:33 AM

ok kool, well ile get an element and some carpet tomorrow!

#10 Cir-clipalot

Cir-clipalot

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:46 AM

you got mail miniman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users