3 replies to this topic

#1 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:26 PM

Im on the final stages of building up my 1400 motor but as ive up rated pretty much everything, im having second doubts about the pistons Ive got.

At the moment Ive got 74mm AE flat top pistons which I understand are from a fiesta. Ive balaned them all with in a gram of each other, put a radius on anything with a sharp edge and ive polished the tops of them.

Ive been told by an egineering shop that they are excellent pistons but I would like to hear some more opinions on them before I go ahead and fit them.
I was also thinkng of having them ceramic coated so they can take the 25 shot of nos im gunna throw at them, but I dont know the first place to look to get them done.

Any help on these pistons will be a big help

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

I have a set of fiest pistons for my 1400, and they seem to be very solid pistons. Not had the engine running, but they seem fairly common.

#3 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:53 PM

You got any idea of what they could rev to with a fully balanced bottom end(ie rods & crank). I bought the block with the crank, rods and pistons and the only things i havent changed are the pistons.
The crank ive bought from morspeed should be safe to 8500rpm ive been told and the rods ive modified should take 8000. But im starting to doubt these pistons

#4 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:59 PM

only one way to find out, but the fiesta engine they come from are 1000's and 1100's which are short strok rev machines... so in theory they should be ok..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users