#32 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:32 PM

That was using Weber Alpha injection on the SPi manifold. The cam was not an injection cam, but that did not matter with the Weber Alpha as it used what is called Alpha N, which uses just the signal from the throttle sensor as the load indicator, rather than the Manifold Pressure as used by the MEMS ECUs

I own the cylinder head from the later Nurburgring/ Monte Carlo Mini P245 WFH which is sat ontop of the 100bhp 1400, which uses a much lesser 'injection' cam and a standard production ECU. I believe the works engines used a homologated factory profile cam from the 60s cannot remember if it was the 643 or the 649

Any one can fit a programable ECU and a big lumpy cam and get 100bhp. You try it with a standard production ECU and an 'injection' profile cam

>_<

#33 Alexandre34

Alexandre34

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Local Club: Les Mini Caisses du Sud

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hi everybody !

Any news from this interesting build ?

#34 DaveRob

DaveRob

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:32 PM

Engine is almost assembled now, ( ill try to post some photos by the end of the week,.... now just waiting till bodywork is done..... Bodywork has been completely stripped all rust replaced with good metal and am just welding in the cge at the moment.... a full Miglia from Custom Cages. :D)

Front subframe assembly starts this week getting all the brake lines renewed, Hi Lows, Spax, 4 pots and braided lines, adjustable bottom arms, adjustable tie rods and all new bushes and bearings. Rear sub gets the same treatment week after with adjustable rad brackets, rebushed rad arms and rebuilt backplates.... braided lines and hi lows with spax again... by the time both subs are finished I think the paint will be just about dry on the shell..... 2 pak in Audi Amulet red .... with a white roof..... of course... what else for a Mini Cooper lmao....lol and bolt the lot back together.....

Hope this helps... Ill post some photos soon..... by the way.... the engine looks the dogs danglies... hope it runs as well as it looks.

Thanks for the interest... its good for motivation... which can be low some days :thumbsup:)

Rob :w00t:
Rob

Edited by DaveRob, 11 April 2009 - 05:34 PM.

#35 SMP

SMP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

Can I ask what the spend is so far ...............................................or don't you wan to think about it! :D

#36 DaveRob

DaveRob

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:06 AM

hmmmmm..... Spend........

Is been a lot....lol....... but less than most would think as Ive done all the machining and making of the parts myself.... for instance the dry deck install has cost me nothing but time... whereas if you bought the 'kit' from an engine builder... the kit is best part of £100... then you still have to do machine work and drilling and tapping for the spigots. If you buy a cage from Custom Cages the cage is £700+, ( inc VAT lol).... but the FITTING costs £1000 PLUS VAT <EEEEK>.... Install cam bearings costs £30.... I made the tools and did it myself..... The bodywork ..... replacing the rust is the worst job.... and bodyshops that are good are worth their weight in gold in my opinion..... Its the job Ive found to be the biggest drag on time and effort. If anyone is interested Ill post the component parts costs of the engine rebuild... as I have kept a running total. Maybe someone can post an estimate of the costs of the labour involved...... but shhhhhh... don tell her indoors..... lol

Rob

#37 Alexandre34

Alexandre34

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Local Club: Les Mini Caisses du Sud

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for the news, it's a very interesting build, and as I'm new to injection it doubles my interest.

#38 hotrubber007

hotrubber007

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

hey Rob , would you mind telling me the referance on that 16v gta injector as here in belgium those cars are a bit thin on the ground...
got the same setup - more or less -going here
when we started the build this Balmoral Spi had according to the Dynometer on my iphone 30 wkw - so where hoping for big improvements
cheers chris

#39 DaveRob

DaveRob

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

Part number for the injector is 0280 150 657

Rob :thumbsup:

#40 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:49 AM

And that is a Bosch part number :thumbsup:

#41 hotrubber007

hotrubber007

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

cheers ROB and sprocket,

for others having difficulty getting the famous one socket ecu MNE101080 i purchased directly remanufactured from BBA reman - got a site, with referances
paid £120 the ECU and 70 surcharge
bloody better than surfing for hours witout succes for the item second-hand

on to that injector now - cheers again, chris

#42 hotrubber007

hotrubber007

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

on the inlet assemble Rob you mentioned you were going to spread some gold for us other lame men out there .....
i've only taken taken away the rough edges - but thinking about opening it up

any others with experience

chris

#43 Sprocket

Sprocket

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

http://www.theminifo...p;#entry1107885

#44 hotrubber007

hotrubber007

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

thanks for quick response ;)
i've looked into the 0280150657 / aka rover MJY100015 - not cheap £200 !
but you say that in difference to rob you've worked with the standard MMJ10003 spi injector setup assembly

Having just driven the car with MNE100080 received this morning it's still a bit ' *baby cat*' . Needing some grunt especially a low revs ( 1750-2500 ) - from about 3500 its good , but not as the 1380 i have on webers.

is there a diference that we do not see on the partnumber between the spi 1275 mini, and the 1400 16 spi ?

cheers chris

#45 hotrubber007

hotrubber007

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

hey folks - still trying to see where my power is being lost - other than in the local belgian brew
got 10.0/1 cr
stage 3 head
ligthly polished inlet- and mated to head
1380 -6cc dish - decked - but not dry decked
ecu MNE101080 from the infamous 104bhp spi 114
maniflow LCB - not large bore
and then sw5 cam from swifttune

could it be the std injector - having now got the info about the 114 spi injector it just is referanced as identical to the 1275 spi injector in my rover base<
should i upgrade to large bore lcb ?

my iphone dyno reckons i've got 35 kw/wheel- which is 60 bhp at crank <<<<

gutted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users