#1 watcher666

watcher666

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:15 AM

Hi
I have a Ducellier ignition coil in my car that i removed to fit a lucas sport coil, It turns out that the sport coil is not suitable for use with my electronic ignition module so im going to put the ducellier back in.

However, when i went to refit the old coil it sounds like there is water inside!!!! Is this normal? If you shake it you can hear ALOT of fluid sloshing around!

Help!

#2 mini998

mini998

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:59 AM

That’s not water, its some kind of oil, don’t know exactly which oil but its oil for sure,

When you fit the coil make sure you fit it horizontally or the end which has terminals facing little upwards,

If you fit it facing downwards then it tends to leak that oil after some time.

#3 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:32 AM

if you are using a lucas sports coil with the ducellieur then you will need to run a new feed from the fuse box to the coil as the one thats already there is a ballasted wire. Why don't you sell the sports coil and buy a standard lucas one they are only about £15.

#4 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

Yes it's oil for cooling, all high power transformers (like the main substation at the end of your street) are filled with light oil to cool the coils.

#5 watcher666

watcher666

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

if you are using a lucas sports coil with the ducellieur then you will need to run a new feed from the fuse box to the coil as the one thats already there is a ballasted wire

The Lucas sports coil im using is to replace the Ducellieur coil! The Distributor is a Lucas 45D. Will i still need to run a new feed or is the wire ok?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users