3 replies to this topic

#1 oconnor

oconnor

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:34 PM

For an 850???? I know its small, but its what I have. And I like things loud. And the exhaust thats on it now is quite literally falling off. But still in one piece and quiet.
So who has some good recomendations for a good center exit loud and mean sounding exhaust for my Mk1 with a mean relatively stock 850?
Thanks

#2 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

Try Sportex for budget exhausts, or someone like Maniflow for a better quality one. If you go for a big pipe and lots on noise then your probly going to make your not very powerful engine even less powerful : (

Have a look thru the mini mags and ring a few of the exhaust supliers and see what they can offer. Any system will fit, but is the power loss from a large diameter pipe that you want to watch out for.

#3 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:44 AM

Id say fit an RC4O cause they seem to work well on pretty much anything. If you go for the single box type they do give a really nice punchy note.

You shouldnt really loose power if the inlet to the box is the right size. This means you could fit a fairly big tip on it if you wanted to but I wouldnt go any bigger than a 3inch outlet. This might give you the the note you want.

#4 YoungUn

YoungUn

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Local Club: F.A.B.M.O.C

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:32 AM

try mini trailers japanese style exhaust? ???? just a thought

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users