56 replies to this topic

#1 danni_girl

danni_girl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:59 PM

I am in the process of buying a new mini and I have test driven it, added gadgets and gizmo's and changed my mind 10 times on everything other than the fact I want one :huh:
I am down now to silver with black roof and mirrors, or plain black. Leaning towards black but raises question of darker solid black or metallic black. I want it to look black and dark and mean :lol: But am not sure the non metallic won't look dull against chrome and all that ...
Any one chosen one of the blacks and wished they had gone for the other?

#2 favminigirl

favminigirl

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish mini club

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:06 PM

when you say new mini you mean buying a "new mini ..... BINI"
........or a "new mini" proper mini thats new to you? :huh:

#3 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:40 PM

Sounds like its one of the fakes..... :huh: :fear:

Personally I would go for a classic mini but if I was pushed then I'd say black! (far too many silver cars around now a days!)

#4 favminigirl

favminigirl

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:50 PM

yea i totally agree with you on the silver car thing jammy, think it was a week or so ago was driving around at work and drove past a junction where about 5 silver cars were waitin to pull out all in a line, and i thought the exact same thing to myself!

i think people see it maybe as a safe sensible colour maybe??? (safe as in wont date too much etc)

or am i talkin rubbish! :huh:

#5 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

I'd have to agree that given the choice I'd always go for black!! I have always thought that the new mini's worst colour was plain silver. But having said that my missus has got a new mini that's silver with a black roof black mirrors and black viper stripes and it does look alot better than the plain silver.

Ade

#6 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

If you wanted the over all effect to be black dark and mean - then perhaps not the silver eh!!!

Go for black and then you can funk it up with chrome and silver bits.

But I'm afraid I agree with Jammy - get a real mini if you can..!!! :grin:

#7 JamesM

JamesM

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

TC stating the obvious since 26thg November 2004 :D

Doesn't time fly...

Silver New Minis do look rubbish i like the purple ones although there was a lovely light blue one at L2B.

The chrome stuff for new Minis is to much and it is only plastic. Buy it when you buy it as the after market stuff is a rip off...

#8 danni_girl

danni_girl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:48 PM

Thanks all ... and yes sorry old fans its the new mini guys ... I want the all new shininess (is that a word) of a new car .... hmmmm you are so right about silver being a safe colour, doesnt' show scratches etc ... I want black, i just have to live with having to wash it OFTEN :D
I so need a car washer ... see i knew boyfriends had some up sides :D ..
Okay metallic or standard :angel: i know i know woman ... but tomorrow is sign date.

#9 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:51 PM

Metallic is the only way to go!! You have just mentioned in a roundabout way that your single....... que the sharks asking for photos of "your new mini" :cheese: :fear: :grin:

#10 favminigirl

favminigirl

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:53 PM

I so need a car washer ... see i knew boyfriends had some up sides  ..

are you sure....... i wouldn't let a bloke near my mins!!! :D :angel: :angel:

they're this girlies pride and joy :D !

minis or men.....hummmmmm???

#11 danni_girl

danni_girl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

If the boys at work even let me drive my own car they have spent past 2 weeks adding everything they think i should have, i now some how have climate control (okay i tmakes the dashboard look nicer :D ... okay and the visibilty pack sounded nice to ...
I have to agree with Fav ... mini over men every time, so much easier to control :D

#12 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

They just don't seem to be as black ... which i know is the point of having silver in the paint, i need it too look dark and menancing so i don't look so girlie :D UUUU maybe it comes in pink :D

The metallic just helps the shine. If you really want it to look menacing and dark go for the window tint option, they're not that tinted but really change the look of the car! (they're not that expensive either).

#13 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

I am in the process of buying a new mini and I have test driven it, added gadgets and gizmo's and changed my mind 10 times on everything other than the fact I want one :D
I am down now to silver with black roof and mirrors, or plain black. Leaning towards black but raises question of darker solid black or metallic black. I want it to look black and dark and mean :D But am not sure the non metallic won't look dull against chrome and all that ...
Any one chosen one of the blacks and wished they had gone for the other?

hello and welcome to the mini forum

personally if i had to get a new mini id have it in a metallic black and beef it up with a bodykit and make it look real mean.

enjoy the site.

:cool:

#14 danni_girl

danni_girl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:40 PM

Thanks cooperman, sorry to hijack the site for new mini talk (it was an emergency) ... Right actually you have all helped, metallic black it is, I will look at tinted windows and see what difference they make ...
This time tomorrow I am going to be poor ... but happy and have my own private washing team, what more could I girl want :D

#15 favminigirl

favminigirl

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:43 PM

advice and services..... found all on one site! LOL :D

enjoy. :tongue:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users