#31 danni_girl

danni_girl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:36 PM

Ouch that would hurt if i didn't live in london and know the state of my car :D
I could not even fit half a days shopping in that .... !!

#32 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:41 PM

Ok simple girly speak... :nugget: :grin:

The light on the side of the car (forward and down a bit from the wing mirrors) that flashes when you indicate a direction change (i know you probably don't worry about those but bear with me) has an inserted surround that standard on the mini cooper is black plastic and looks poo! :sick:

It can be easily changed for a chrome one (takes about five minutes) and looks a hundred times better! :cool:

these are the nice ones

Attached Files

#33 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:43 PM

So when you go to order one tommorrow look at a cooper side repeaters and then look at the cooper s (they have chrome ones as standard) and you'll see what I'm talking about! :grin:

#34 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:45 PM

I have got some on my mini, not that type though. Im still not sure if i like them or not, im undecided.

Posted Image

#35 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:48 PM

I think they look a little big. They just don't seem to suit the proportions of the classic mini (sorry my personal taste).

Plus you can't have one of the "100% bmw free" stickers that some on here seem to like so much :cheese: :nugget: :tongue:

#36 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

Yeah i know, im also worried about taking them off, i dont know whats exactly holding them on so i could damage the paint by taking them off :S

#37 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:57 PM

If they're bmw one I'd be more worried about how big the hole is behind them :sad: as they are clip items..........

#38 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:01 PM

It has fitted in the standard indicator holes but is held on by some rubber like thingy.

#39 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:04 PM

hmmm might not be too bad then. Only one way to find out whip them off then either sigh relief that no damage was done or you have the perfect excuse for that re-spray you've always wanted :grin: :cheese:

#40 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

The respray is not even two years old yet. The sills are allready rusting tho dammit.

#41 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:08 PM

Danni have a look behind the trim on your car :erm: you might be lucky and find a real mini underneath :D

#42 danni_girl

danni_girl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:10 AM

People people ... can we not diss the car before I have even got it, its all i dreamt about last night (of course other you Ade :D ) ... Today is the day, am going to check the colours one last time then sign the dotted line. Will check the side indicators ... somehow the price line has crept up and up, ipod adapter, yes please !! (Thats the items you missing Jammy really !! )

#43 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:24 AM

You have to bear with the die hard mini fans..... I personally have nothing against the new mini (it had to happen some time) and I think it's a good progressment of what the original mini was. It seems to be attracting a similar following of enthusiasts (ok there are exceptions but then there is with classic minis).

Just get it ordered and start planning your mods now :grin: (those 16s with the chilli pack will just seem soooo much smaller when you park next to one with 18s on) :nugget: :grin: :grin:

And lets be honest you were dreaming of me oiled up on the mini weren't you :nugget: :cheese:

#44 danni_girl

danni_girl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:26 AM

I think as rule of thumb when the tyres are getting to be closer to your size than the car its time to stop :D

And if I say yes, will you come wash it first day !!

#45 danni_girl

danni_girl

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:33 AM

Hmmm drive from Dealership to London ... 21 miles of M3 ... very little to no dirt tracks along the way, one lady driver not urged to drive on pavements and through bushes ..... well yes just dirty enough for you to clean :D
Today's conundrum is still to tint or not to tint !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users