Neilos

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

Hi,

Right took the mini to the bodyshop last firday and heard a horrible grinding nosie from my passengers side front. I checked brakes, arches rubbing...etc and its all fine. I repacked my CV joint prior to going to the bodyshop and the noises got wrose. Easpecially when im braking or turning the sound is a nasty grinding through the bottom of the car.

Im let to believe (and personally agree with) that its my CV joint.

Ive got the added bonus that the car can be worked on by a mechanic anything whilst my car is in the bodyshop, so my questions are

1) Are these CV joints any good?

http://www.minisport...fo_GCV1013.html

2) How easy is it to change wheel bearings, and can these be done whilst changing a CV joint?

3) Would you guys say that i should get both CV joints and sets of front wheel bearings done at once so its another future potential problem ticked off the list?

Thanks

#2 Rhys

Rhys

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

CV's look fine cant see there being an issue.

Wheel bearings are really really easy to change and doesn't take long at all. There is a good guide on YouTube on how to do it.

I did my CV's and bearings all at once, had to take the hub off but its very simple to do. I personally like to change everything in pairs so i did both sides.

#3 Neilos

Neilos

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

Cool...

Well basically i dont want to be ready to leave the bodyshop ready to go with an old grinding CV joint etc,

Ive got a 1992 K reg 1275cc mini. Not sure which type wheels bearings i need (taper or not)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users