2 replies to this topic

#1 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:53 AM

Hi all, got a wee problem, when my audio systerm is all going on a decent volume ( not super load, just nice loud) the engine revs drop off when idleing, I know you can get power caps with are serpost to deal with the big power a sub needs but i don't know it this will cure my problem.
im currently running a Vibe 10" sub with the built in amp and a alpine amp powering some 6x9s (i know poor sound quality, compared to componants but hay i was young) and im planning on adding another amp for some little speakers for the front speakers.
tell me what you think
oo sorry forgot,
i have a bigger battery on to give enough power to start the engine which helps the audio. and the 55amp alternator as comes with later minis.
thanks
Alex.

#2 iceman

iceman

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 11:45 PM

what amp wattage have you got?........

#3 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 February 2004 - 01:28 PM

right basically this is another of the minis amzing designs as when u even put ur head lights on uor ur heater then the revs drop considrebly.

a power cap wont really help in this situation as its not a power problem but infact its just puting more strain on the alternator. a power cap smooths out the lower bass frequency power draws so u dont get head light dimming, this is only to a cirtain extent, as the same amount of power is still drawn and so u will still have low revs:(

the only weay i can think of stoppint this is set ur choke so that ist is very revvy on the idle speed cam, this way u wont richen the mixture much but u can increase the rpm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users