#301 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

DSC03900_zps805efa90.jpg

I won't get chance to do anything tomorrow but will try and get bits done in the week.

Cheers

Dave

Is that a little teardrop plate on the second rocker post form the right - to hold the grub screw in?  Is this standard fitment? I haven't seen this on either of the two engines that I have.

#302 Rorf

Rorf

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

Great thread on the rebuild - what camshaft did you end up putting into the engine?

#303 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

Is that a little teardrop plate on the second rocker post form the right - to hold the grub screw in?  Is this standard fitment? I haven't seen this on either of the two engines that I have.

found it, part 2A259 :lol:

#304 davej

davej

Kelly Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

Time for a long overdue update, a lot has happened since I posted on here, I've moved house and become a father to an awesome little girl.

Now onto the mini, I had it on a rolling road as it just wasn't running right, turns out it was running far too weak this time, was a different beast driving home.

Ofoe6pm.jpg

​After a bit of use the blue smoke returned once again, this time I thought it must be cylinder head. Before I started taking it apart again I did some digging around, I took the pipes and y-piece off the carbs that come from the timing cover breather, loads of oil!!! Blanked the pipes going to the carbs and went for a drive and no smoke :D ​ I've left it like that for now until I find a way of connecting a breather filter. Plugs are turning a nice colour and they are dry.

NFdPOZl.jpg

​I've taken the film off the rear windows and have got a new rear screen to go in.

Tonight I gave her a polish and some wax  :proud:

piiZBh2.jpg

Dave

Edit: First time using imgur, I'll reduce the size of the pictures next time

Edited by davej, 28 April 2018 - 09:43 PM.

#305 andyt

andyt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Local Club: cooper register

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

Looking good Dave! I also resurrected my  build thread after a long while, life gets in the way. 

#306 davej

davej

Kelly Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

I've been busy on the mini today, I've got a list of trhings I want to get sorted over the next few months, one of those is to sort the heater and fresh air vents. I have bought some new fancy switches from Wired by Wilson so I thought I'd fit them this weekend.

OZepAze.jpg

Another thing I want to get sorted is the speedo has always been about 10mph slower than actual speed. I took the dash out and then split the clocks to find the TPM of the speedo so I can get that sorted. You can`t see it on the photo but its a 1242 speedo, luckily I didn't have to count the teeth.

tdk8h4W.jpg

On to the heater, when I first did the rebuild I hand painted it with hammerite, I thought I`d rub it down and spray it this time. I had to take it apart to replace a leaky matrix anyway. I will give it another couple of coats before I rebuild it.

8mCJTBT.jpg

Then I had a nightmare trying to get the dash back in the car and sitting right between the two dash rails, ended up doing this:

kSilCK2.jpg

Some longer screws and an extra one for good measure I tried again. Still wasn't happy so I took the dash out and sorted the lower dash rail, these covers are a pain.....

dZXQwiD.jpg

Anyway its back in now and just waiting to hear about a wiring issue for the switch panel and that can go in.

o7ktL7x.jpg

At least it was nice day for it....

Thanks

Dave

#307 davej

davej

Kelly Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

So I've finally got the new switches in, I really like them but it was right pain to fit due to the dash rails being recovered. Also one of the securing arms hasn't got the bolt in it, I tried and tried to get a bolt through but I couldn't get in there, also it seems they aren't produced any more. I will find a way of properly securing the switch panel but it's fine for now and not going anywhere. I just need to finish the heater now.

gz53Cwh.jpg

Today I took it down to my Dads to borrow his ramps, we replaced the front tie bar bushes, replaced the reversing light switch and then put a new rear window in.

XCg7cEt.jpg

I will give everything a once over this week as I'm off to Angelsey for the weekend in the mini, looking forward to giving it a decent long run.

#308 davej

davej

Kelly Jones

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Fitted this Monza fuel cap cover today, I can't decide if I like it or not....

hpKVAhE.jpg

TsQPa1A.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users