158 replies to this topic

#31 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

Hoping to do this soon, I'll also make a rear underseat speaker board whilst I'm at it, thanks!

glad to help, once u have done the boot post the images on here if you dont mind, gives people a beta idea and shows it does work

#32 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:52 PM

Will do!

Question, the 'base' board is removable so does it sit on the spare tire which keeps it flat and secure?

#33 Its a mini thing

Its a mini thing

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

iv put 2 brackets on the back peice that the base sits on and it sits on the front bit

#34 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

Ah that's what I was thinking of doing anyway, which I will then.

Cheers & yours looks very nice mate.

#35 Its a mini thing

Its a mini thing

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

mine will probily fall apart in a few months as i had the most USELESS staple gun in the world! it was firing 3 out at a time, all of which bent lol
and used spray glue, did the tank side and glued the wrong side of the carpet haha so had to do another 1, luckily had enough carpet

Edited by Its a mini thing, 23 June 2008 - 08:16 PM.

#36 wakkoboi

wakkoboi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

hi russel, how did you put yours together without many brackets showing?

Mike

#37 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

Will do!

Question, the 'base' board is removable so does it sit on the spare tire which keeps it flat and secure?

yes its removable and i created a bracket ova the far right for it to sit on and a storage section infront of the battery for tools that acts as the ova support bracket, i believe there is a picture

#38 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:15 PM

hi russel, how did you put yours together without many brackets showing?

Mike

ah sum1 finally asked the question, this requires a lot of patience, basically u fix the boot board together without the carpet attached using hte brackets, u then measure out the carpet, and where the bracket is, use a stanley knife to create the exact size slit for the bracket to slot through,, then undo the screws one at a time and screw through the carpet and back into the bracket, if that makes sense, this way it hides the bracket but also means it can be removed it neccesary.
hope this helps

#39 mini_lad_1990

mini_lad_1990

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Local Club: aint got one yet!!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:59 PM

im doing this friday im using cardboard template cut and trim sort of thing lol

but my plans in to have twin 10" subs and just infront of the subs im going to have 2 amps flushed into the wood with perspects on top thats the plan got to have a look at it tomoro to see if it will work!!

also looking at peoples build they dnt seem to have 6x9s there i was wondering will they cause a issue with the build??

cheers

#40 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

im doing this friday im using cardboard template cut and trim sort of thing lol

but my plans in to have twin 10" subs and just infront of the subs im going to have 2 amps flushed into the wood with perspects on top thats the plan got to have a look at it tomoro to see if it will work!!

also looking at peoples build they dnt seem to have 6x9s there i was wondering will they cause a issue with the build??

cheers

id say they wouldnt cause ne issure with the build, for my design an temps they will hopefully miss any 6x9s dropped down, however by creating cardboard templates of the entire boot board u want u will be able to judge and alter the design to accomodate the 6x9s, hope this helps

#41 mini_lad_1990

mini_lad_1990

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

thanks buddy i was wondering would you be able to get twin 10" subs in there could you measure side to side for me so i can find out mate

cheers

also your fuel tank is hugw compared to mine lol

Edited by mini_lad_1990, 26 June 2008 - 11:34 PM.

#42 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

thanks buddy i was wondering would you be able to get twin 10" subs in there could you measure side to side for me so i can find out mate

cheers

also your fuel tank is hugw compared to mine lol

hmm well only issue with twin subs is it would depend on the make for start and the depth as this may vary, ive had a look at the template for the side that u want the subs in measured it up but id say most definatly not both on one side, 10 inchs is bigger than u tink lol but u could add one on either side, this will reduce ur boot space dramatically though, and id say it would cause some great difficulties gettin to the battery and spare wheel, however never say never...
if u had a sub on each side, u would have to design the boot board similer to mine but alter it, by makin the whole board removable as one unit, and makin sure the cables to each sub either have enough slack whn u take the board out or the cables can be easily removed, there are other solutions i hav in mind, u could possibly mount the 2 subs in a speaker boxe onto the back panel, make the box so it fits the subs nicely and if u make it correctly it should have a fair bit of space under the subs. then fit them securly to all 3 sides, u should then still be able to remove the base board and access everything else....
hope this helps and that u understand wht i mean lol if not il sketch it up for you

#43 mini_lad_1990

mini_lad_1990

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:17 AM

thanks for the plans, had to tweek them as i think my tanks smaller than my other mini i had, anyway, just need covering now, heres a picy wicy....
Posted Image

yeh forgot to mention mine was done to a 7.5 tank, but lookz excelent, glad these plans are helping people, and as everyone can see its totally worth doing :P

i was looking at my tank today and was thinking mines smaller than the one you done mate but looking at this one i got the same tank as you think its the 5L lol

making a start tomorow and like was said going to tweek the measurements!!
cheers

#44 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

Will do!

By the look of it, russell and "a mini thing" have used some wood to support the battery side of the bottom panel. Good idea to be honest, i should have done that.

I used some taped polystyrene cut to the contours of the battery box and the spare wheel:

Posted Image

#45 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

Will do!

By the look of it, russell and "a mini thing" have used some wood to support the battery side of the bottom panel. Good idea to be honest, i should have done that.

I used some taped polystyrene cut to the contours of the battery box and the spare wheel:

Posted Image

yeh that was my idea lol , supports it very well and the support section is also a tool section as well so workz well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users