158 replies to this topic

#91 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

Thanks, ill double check that with them then.

Is there anywhere else cheaper?

Thanks again

Chris

#92 glennthrower

glennthrower

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Freakz of Sussex

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

Probably, but its not bad that stuff, its what i wil probably use and all the guys at work have it for theres. So as for quility its all good. Otherwise ebay i spose

#93 Lukie-J

Lukie-J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Local Club: South Devon Mini Club

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:44 AM

Just found this thread!
Am definately going to have a bash at it!
Can't believe this hasn't been pinned yet!
I may have a problem with mine,
I have a 12 disc changer screwed to the "roof" of my boot.
Although i noticed some people dont have the rear board on there anyway?
Or could i mount this hidden somewhere else?
Is there anywhere behind the construction where this might fit?
Seriously well done for doing this, anyone done a drawing with dimensions for the rear speaker board?

#94 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

cheers :) yeh slightly disapointed it hasnt yet, but i can only hope someday it mite lol
well what can suggest is on the right hand side of my boot design on the reverse side of the panel you could mount the cd changer so it was out of sight, you would then need to create a section where the cds can be accessed for changing purposes. Plus would mean you would save room in your boot doing this. And i have got the measurements somewhere, got template i made as well, i shall find them and upload for the speakerboard, again i modified the design so that there was no chance of it moving or being kicked in :lol: hope this helps

#95 Sam_The_Man

Sam_The_Man

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred and Exhausted

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

this is awesome!! just what i needed!

is the whole thing just 'loose' in the boot and just stays there because its wedged or is it secured with any brackets or anything?

i think in gunna put sopme carpet on the roof of mine then try to attach velcrow or somethign to keep tools and stuff in a nice neat place!

not sure how long it will take me though but looks great from ur pictures.

Thanks

#96 danny1

danny1

In the navy you can sail 7 peas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

for god sake pin this guys.

my boot is a right mess think im gonan give this a go. just curious i dotn carry a spare as i have 7x13 wheels on and its poitn less but i carry a full tool kit every were as it keeps brakign down. wouldi be able to modifie it to carry the bag sucrley fitted down?

#97 mini_matt_106

mini_matt_106

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:09 AM

pin pin pin pin pin..........
i have to do this, my boot is a state! might not find this thread again if its not pinned or in th faq thingy ma bob, when i do mine i will be putting a 10" sub to the right, but i bought a special flat sub so that i should be able to fit it flush with where the boot opening is, therefore not losing any/much space!

danny, i have seen toolboxes that fit inside ur rear wheel in 'the range' so might be a good idea to fill that gap but cant see a problem, just put some lil rubber feet on the base board

ps nice looking boots, get a thin piece of ply and carpet that and atatch it to the inside of the boot lid an it will look 10 times better though! good work!

#98 Disco Dan

Disco Dan

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Local Club: MCCoA

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:16 AM

ahh well done that man. Very nice idea.

One thing that struck me was the boot seal - some have rubbers on the car body others on the boot lid ? I'm worried I have ordered the wrong one now from mini spares ! Too late as it is currently somewhere over the atlantic.

When the $$$ builds up again I will certainly have a crack at this. Need to fix a couple of leaks first though - water leaks through boot lid seal as well as holes where badge is attached.

#99 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:45 AM

In reply to how this is held in within the boot, it is made to perfect size so that is has absolutly no room for movement. It took me a little while to work out all the measurements and templates but it workz a treat.

#100 Sam_The_Man

Sam_The_Man

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

ah fantastic, thanks.

im gunna try to make a start on it this afternoon so hopefully not long before its all up and running and working as a nice, smart, solid boot kit as apposed to a jumble of mess!!!! :D

#101 Sam_The_Man

Sam_The_Man

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

quick question?

the petrol tank side (lets say the left side), i had a bit of difficulty making the template fit? it fit the right hand side though which i thought was odd? have a mixed up the measurements or are the left and right side the exact same size?

also the 2 rectangular pieces? which one is the base and which oine is the rear of the kit? thanks much appreciated.

#102 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

Hi Sam,

I found that its best to double check the measurements using tape measure in the car, the base and back board i believe are pretty much the same size width wise baring about a Cm or so if i remember, so the one with smaller width is going to be he base and the one thats wider shall be the backboard as this is the main support were the other panels connect to. And as for the petrol tank side, it takes a bit of fiddling along with patience but it should fit in the left hand side, you may find you need to cut out a small section on the left hand side of the flexy mdf so that it bypasses a support for the petrol tank.

Hope this helps. Many thanks for using the guide.

RM30

#103 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

This is great. Gonna have a crack at making this sometime this week.

#104 Russell-Mini30

Russell-Mini30

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

Cheers ;D yeh is definatly worth doing, and is cheaper to make your own as well lol

#105 karl & his cooper

karl & his cooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

Plans with a sub on the right hand side about yet? Good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users