5 replies to this topic

#1 Lora222

Lora222

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

i take my mini out every so often to keep it going but ive noticed the water hose/pipe thats at the passenger side (under the dash) gets so hot! and thats just normal driving - not thrashing!

i took it round the track for 20 min on, 20 min off sessions and the engine had hardly any heat in it at all, i had my heater on full all the time round so i take it this was the reason for that? yet again the hose was really hot, feels as if its going to melt! is all the heat getting put into the water hose. should i be really worried? :cry:

#2 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:37 AM

it sounds right, it's going to be the feed for the heater, if you have a look when the cars running and warm that there are 2 hoses, one in and the other out, one will b a little cooler than the other. Dont worry its normal :cry:

#3 Lora222

Lora222

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:48 AM

phew thanks! so i dont have to worry at the thought it may melt? :wink:

#4 MiniSi

MiniSi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

I doubt it'll melt Lora :cry:

Can you take some pics as to where these pipes are as my Mini has a leak and a cooling prob which I think may be related to my heater etc.

Thanks,

Si.

#5 Lora222

Lora222

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:49 PM

hi i dont have any pics but its the rubber hose that goes accross the passenger footwell (under the dash.) think its the thinnest hose.

#6 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:06 PM

yup thats the one, il try get some pics up of mine l8r(only just come back from uni)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users