193 replies to this topic

#151 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

to be honest the tamia kits are *melon* compaed to what you can get for the same money.

This would be a much better buy, and with the money you save you could upgrade to a 19t motor for more speed, and sideways fun.

More Info

yes you could just put normal tyres on for when you didnt want it to drift, but it would still have the locked diffs, wouldnt drive all that well.

Chris

Edited by Burnard, 02 March 2009 - 06:49 PM.

#152 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Nice B44 Burnard, I've been thinking about buying one of those of a Cyclone D4 but I cant make my mind up. :)

#153 Burnard

Burnard

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

to be honest the main thing that swayed me to the b44 is that its allot easyer to get parts when it breaks.
other than that, the 2 cars are basicly the same.

but when i say its easyer to get parts for the b44, i mean i havent found a shop in this country that stocks all the parts for the D4, where as you can easily find any part you need for a b44.

come to think of it, i have NEVER actually seen a D4. lol

Chris

#154 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

The main thing that puts me off the B44 is the imperial hard ware. I know I can get it all but I've already got shed loads of metric spares and don't want to start collecting more. I'm not to worried about spares on either as I know Matt at M.K Models can get everything for me. Plus I barely use my models enough to break them anyway. :)

#155 Burnard

Burnard

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

I found that M3 screws fit most of the impriel bit just fine, if not better than the standerd, you will only need to worry about imperial for a small minority of the screws, and all of these can be tapped if needed to fit metric screws. so its not really a problem.

In my experiance the only thing hpi are good at is makeing tough cheap on road kits. when it comes to there off road stuff most of it is *melon*.

plus AE have allot of hop ups for the b44, and if you are out racing or bashing and you break it, it is most likly that someone else will have the part you need which is great because it means you can keep on going, rather than haveing to wait a week for parts to come in.

#156 rcracer23

rcracer23

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

just thought id let you all no mardave now sell the new mardve mini you can buy the complete kit brand new, much better than the old one from www.mardavespares.com for £56.96 hope this helps

#157 morley

morley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

any recommendations for some 1/10 off road wheels + tyres??

#158 Burnard

Burnard

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

what car have you got?

and what surfaces do you run on?

#159 morley

morley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

what car have you got?

and what surfaces do you run on?

duratrax evader st, i haven't got any pictures of mine yet but this is what it looks like but red!

Posted Image

its an all rounder really.. used on grass, mud and dusty gravel

#160 Burnard

Burnard

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

hmmm, im not sure what wheels that car uses to be honest, so would be hard finding the tyres.

if you mesure the hex size and let me know it will be easy to find out what wheels they are and then find tyres to suit.
you will find the hex's if you take the wheel of, you need to mesure from flat to flat, not corner to corner.

I use these on the rear of my 1/10 nitro, excelent tyres, never let me down on those surfaces.

The only problem is that without information i cant be sure what tyres will fit your car. sorry.

Edited by Burnard, 09 April 2009 - 11:03 PM.

#161 Jimmy Hat

Jimmy Hat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

Just... ummm... plugging here slightly... I have a Truckzilla in really nice condition, hasn't seen much action really, I'll post pictures when I can get them (Gauging interest in selling it for about £500 ono - cost about twice that to build and hasnt even been run in since it was rebuilt) ;) no time or money these days what with the mini and everything!!

anyway, pictures, I'll get some :)

#162 morley

morley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

Just took the wheels off and they don't have hex's, the holes are round with bearings inside. but the axel hole is 3/16" and wheels are 50mm wide, thanks ;)

#163 minimaff

minimaff

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Local Club: Barnsley mini club

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

I think rc cars are cool, iv not got any but my bro raced them from age of 14, now in his collection he must have spent £2000 plus,

he has about 4 nitro, and about 4 battery, including a limited edition Subaru at £700, and his latest is a Land cruiser he uses it to go over rocks n logs.

With front n rear lights all so

Edited by minimaff, 10 April 2009 - 08:40 AM.

#164 Burnard

Burnard

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

Just took the wheels off and they don't have hex's, the holes are round with bearings inside. but the axel hole is 3/16" and wheels are 50mm wide, thanks ;)

was that the rear wheel you took off? there should be a hex or at least a pin there so that there is something to drive the wheel...
occasionally when you take the wheel off the hex will be stuck inside the wheel.

#165 Burnard

Burnard

• Banned
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Just... ummm... plugging here slightly... I have a Truckzilla in really nice condition, hasn't seen much action really, I'll post pictures when I can get them (Gauging interest in selling it for about £500 ono - cost about twice that to build and hasnt even been run in since it was rebuilt) ;) no time or money these days what with the mini and everything!!

anyway, pictures, I'll get some :)

hate to break it to you mate, but i doubt you would get more than £200 for it. you might get £500 if you sell it on ebay, to someone who has no idea about the hobby though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users