Photo

My Mk2 1972 Fwd Pro-mo R1 Tricked Out Mini!

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#46 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

roofless had the scott oiler on the first i believe, but he missed the fact the end had broken and it was just spraying oil either side of the chain *claps very slowly*

=p

actually, its working considerablly better without the final very thin guage silicone pipes that previously dangled just above the chain. when you wheeled / pushed it backwards they would get caught up and flick out of position. without them its working much better and creating far less mess.
we fitted the oiler after the first chain stretched. ( or so we thought ) the plate at the front of the subframe that carries the bearing block had actually broken away and moved towards the bulkhead by almost 10mm. the last couple of welds were just about holding. I kept that chain as its probably OK now the bearing block is back in the right place.

I seem to remember your bulkhead looking like a dirty protest in a thai jail - mines never been quite that bad. :) you're squirting too much. :thumbsup: claps even slower and makes a spaz face!!

#47 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

aint because of that, its because i use squirty chain lube from before i had the scott oiler, fks everything up.

al

#48 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:40 PM

aint because of that, its because i use squirty chain lube from before i had the scott oiler, fks everything up.

al

I got a bunch of tins of spray gunk - want some? I asked the guy for a couple of cans and got 120.

#49 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

actually, its working considerablly better without the final very thin guage silicone pipes that previously dangled just above the chain. when you wheeled / pushed it backwards they would get caught up and flick out of position. without them its working much better and creating far less mess.
we fitted the oiler after the first chain stretched. ( or so we thought ) the plate at the front of the subframe that carries the bearing block had actually broken away and moved towards the bulkhead by almost 10mm. the last couple of welds were just about holding. I kept that chain as its probably OK now the bearing block is back in the right place.

I seem to remember your bulkhead looking like a dirty protest in a thai jail - mines never been quite that bad. :P you're squirting too much. :kiss: claps even slower and makes a spaz face!!

HAHA loving this banter! banana the bearing bracket came off :P

#50 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

al

I got a bunch of tins of spray gunk - want some? I asked the guy for a couple of cans and got 120.

WOWZA put me on the list for a few please roofless! as i like plenty of LUBE :kiss:

#51 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

al

Al hows it feck everything up? iv been looking at a acumen auto luber thingamy

#52 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

what show are we all likely to meet up at soon? - I'll load the boot up with all the goodies.
I get loads of freebies from the clients I do exhibition stands for.

so if your ever short of gunk, spray on cooking oil or piles cream - I'm your man. :kiss: I've only just off-loaded the last few cans of monster energy drink - 400 of the bloody things. Today i got 100 terry's chocolate oranges :P

#53 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:54 PM

al

you got the chain guard didnt you? phil was going to machine a hole in just the right place to feed your auto-oiler, whatever breed. My only concern is that with the guard in place you cant actually see how the chain is getting on.

alex did his own - nice neat job.

#54 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

Today i got 100 terry's chocolate oranges :P

shotgun! (also de-ja-vous :kiss: )

#55 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

what show are we all likely to meet up at soon? - I'll load the boot up with all the goodies.
I get loads of freebies from the clients I do exhibition stands for.

so if your ever short of gunk, spray on cooking oil or piles cream - I'm your man. :P I've only just off-loaded the last few cans of monster energy drink - 400 of the bloody things. Today i got 100 terry's chocolate oranges :P

YOUR THE MAN! cnt wait for the next show il have piles by then with all the vibrations :kiss: . not sure wich one its goin to be!

#56 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:05 PM

al

you got the chain guard didnt you? phil was going to machine a hole in just the right place to feed your auto-oiler, whatever breed. My only concern is that with the guard in place you cant actually see how the chain is getting on.

alex did his own - nice neat job.

Cool il have a nosy at al's then but by the sound of it its a bit flintstones ATM! lol. well il just keep a close eye on it best i can & if i decide todo a long run a take a bag of spares & extra chain etc

#57 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

ive got a spare chain, but usually you can always limp a dodgy chain home, so i only take it to track days.

When u next in the area martin? could do with some lube in bulk!

Cheers,

Al

#58 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

Id just like to say HOLLY MOLLY iv just been out for a spin in her today rather eventfull! sooo much power! i ripped and arch off with having it teenie bit to low :P i cnt seem to get the gear change right nor starting off soundin like a prat or looking like a prat stalling hmmmmm will have to get wriggle on so i get take her for a proper spin me thinks yeeeehaaaa

#59 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:36 PM

ive got a spare chain, but usually you can always limp a dodgy chain home, so i only take it to track days.

When u next in the area martin? could do with some lube in bulk!

Cheers,

Al

HEHE had fun today but having problems with slipper clutch etc when im thrashin it i change up rev & nothings there then it engages again very interesting hmmmm any thoughts?
Had to adjust chain also!

#60 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

yer, i expect the slipper clutch has a torque rating that the car is far exceeding because of the weight, tis my thought. Cant think anything else would affect it...

Cheers, Al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users