Photo

My Mk2 1972 Fwd Pro-mo R1 Tricked Out Mini!

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#61 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

Id just like to say HOLLY MOLLY iv just been out for a spin in her today rather eventfull! sooo much power! i ripped and arch off with having it teenie bit to low :P i cnt seem to get the gear change right nor starting off soundin like a prat or looking like a prat stalling hmmmmm will have to get wriggle on so i get take her for a proper spin me thinks yeeeehaaaa

;) and you didnt get any more pictures or videos :)
i cant wait untill i do my pro-motive conversion :P

Luke.

#62 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Id just like to say HOLLY MOLLY iv just been out for a spin in her today rather eventfull! sooo much power! i ripped and arch off with having it teenie bit to low ;D i cnt seem to get the gear change right nor starting off soundin like a prat or looking like a prat stalling hmmmmm will have to get wriggle on so i get take her for a proper spin me thinks yeeeehaaaa

:thumbsup: and you didnt get any more pictures or videos :thumbsup:
i cant wait untill i do my pro-motive conversion ;D

Luke.

Hi luke well i was just testing everything worked to be honest but i have put sum more picys up & videos will follow :-

Please keep me updated with ur project any help i can give i will!

#63 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

yer, i expect the slipper clutch has a torque rating that the car is far exceeding because of the weight, tis my thought. Cant think anything else would affect it...

Cheers, Al

Well i did think along those lines myself but! iv rang my mate who i had the engine off etc he says that it just need running as its brand new plates etc not trashing as soon as iv put it in OOPS lol i have ripped tyres! AWSOME! just tarting up now then MOT!

I had the electronic quick shift clutch wired up wrong aswell lol it was changing dwn rather quick tho ;D

I need to get my ;D wired up even tho it isnt that noisy in the cabin!

You finished welding yet?

#64 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

stalling at start-off improves with time - I still do it now, usually at a show infront of loads of people ;D
clutch probably does want bedding in - take it gentle to start with.

good to hear its finally getting soem abuse :- just dont break it as fast as i did ;D

#65 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

stalling at start-off improves with time - I still do it now, usually at a show infront of loads of people ;D

good to hear its finally getting some abuse :- just dont break it as fast as i did ;D

Cheers roofless! well it certainly had a beasting but i will have to take it stedy like you say to bed things in! i think youve got the record for breaking them :thumbsup:

HMMM clutch is going to bug me i think sumtimes i get it smooth but sum i dnt :thumbsup:

O well practise will be the answer i think didnt do to badly for first run only staled once but i want fast start!

#66 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:20 PM

good to hear its finally getting some abuse :- just dont break it as fast as i did ;D

Cheers roofless! well it certainly had a beasting but i will have to take it stedy like you say to bed things in! i think youve got the record for breaking them :thumbsup:

HMMM clutch is going to bug me i think sumtimes i get it smooth but sum i dnt :thumbsup:

O well practise will be the answer i think didnt do to badly for first run only staled once but i want fast start!

we need video!!

and to see you at newarke!!

#67 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

we need video!!

LOL videos asap!

Newarke?????

#68 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:55 PM

we need video!!

LOL videos asap!

Newarke?????

mini show next weekend.

#69 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:53 AM

stalling at start-off improves with time - I still do it now, usually at a show infront of loads of people :)

good to hear its finally getting some abuse :lol: just dont break it as fast as i did >_<

Cheers roofless! well it certainly had a beasting but i will have to take it stedy like you say to bed things in! i think youve got the record for breaking them :teehee:

HMMM clutch is going to bug me i think sumtimes i get it smooth but sum i dnt :dontgetit:

we need video!!

LOL videos asap!

Newarke?????

mini show next weekend.

Ok cool not herd of that one b4 its about 2 hours drive shoud be a good little run (if shes on the road il see you there)

#70 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:20 AM

stalling at start-off improves with time - I still do it now, usually at a show infront of loads of people :)

my clutch is fine to control :s

shame i got no output shaft to link the engine to the wheels atm...

#71 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

Il have your clutch n u can have sum spare shafts iv got hehehehe

#72 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:01 PM

its fixed now! back to commuting in it, remember your the first to run with a slipper clutch i do believe, and with pioneering something comes finding the faults!

hehe =p

#73 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

stalling at start-off improves with time - I still do it now, usually at a show infront of loads of people :shifty:

did you bend yours?

#74 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:15 PM

yep, minter! A bearing came out of the carrier, previous owner had a little bit of a bodge on it :shifty:

#75 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

yep, minter! A bearing came out of the carrier, previous owner had a little bit of a bodge on it :shifty:

Well master bodge & roofless think its MOT time! hehehehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users