14 replies to this topic

#1 ant509

ant509

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:23 PM

Weird question for you! Having switched on the TV earlier and seen an episode of Randall and Hopkirk was on ITV4 I got thinking... does anyone know what happened to Jeanies Mini from the program BAP 245B, Just intreeged :yinyang:

#2 minimanclive

minimanclive

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for BAP 245B are:

Date of Liability 01 09 1993
Date of First Registration 27 05 1964
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 848CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval null

Off the road or scrapped since September 1993.

#3 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

Well I can remember the Mini and the show being featured in an earlyish edition of MiniWorld Magazine (around 1992/93 I think?).

The car was immaculate at that time, but I'm sure it went up for sale not long after.

Anyway it's probably sitting inside someone garage along with a collection of cars and hasn't been used for a while?

#4 ant509

ant509

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for that guys - it would be great to find it and do it up - if its still around - I just hope it hasn't been scrapped :thumbsup:

#5 62S

62S

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Local Club: You must be joking!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

It has not been scrapped, in fact it has changed hands very recently.

It appeared in loads of TV programmes, anything that Monty Berman was involved with so look out for it in Department S, The Persuaders, The Saint.

#6 simon8201

simon8201

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:37 AM

I very nearly bought this car in about 1997. It was up for sale by the guy who owned Downton at the time. I went out to look at it in a barn in Norfolk and it wasn't in the best condition. He was asking £2500 if I remember correctly but it had no MOT and needed a certain amount of body work as well as a brake overhaul. He told me mechanically it was spot on but it was pretty difficult to get a real feel for the car as it was in this barn with pretty poor light.

I did get a follow up email from the guy offering to get it mot'ed and lightly restored for about £3500 if I remember rightly but for better or for worse I bought a nice non-celebrity mark one in the end! I still sometimes regret not buying it, especially as it was not only Jeanie's car but it was also driven by Tony Curtis in the Persuaders - far more impressive I'd say!

Anyway, nice car but not worth the premium he was asking!

Simon

#7 ant509

ant509

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:52 AM

I very nearly bought this car in about 1997. It was up for sale by the guy who owned Downton at the time. I went out to look at it in a barn in Norfolk and it wasn't in the best condition. He was asking £2500 if I remember correctly but it had no MOT and needed a certain amount of body work as well as a brake overhaul. He told me mechanically it was spot on but it was pretty difficult to get a real feel for the car as it was in this barn with pretty poor light.

I did get a follow up email from the guy offering to get it mot'ed and lightly restored for about £3500 if I remember rightly but for better or for worse I bought a nice non-celebrity mark one in the end! I still sometimes regret not buying it, especially as it was not only Jeanie's car but it was also driven by Tony Curtis in the Persuaders - far more impressive I'd say!

Anyway, nice car but not worth the premium he was asking!

Simon

Good! At least its still around - I don't suppose that you happen to have the guys email address still? although I am sure it has probably long since changed hands :thumbsup:

#8 ant509

ant509

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

I thought it was now in a collection..... I went to a viewing come open house on a classic car collection & bike in the cornwall area about four or five years ago and i can remember the car, not by sight because at the time minis werent my massive interest but from the fact the car was listed as being the randall and hopkirk mini as driven by Annette Andre and the programme was a favorite of mine, there were pictures & cine stills from the programme in fact a number of the cars had been in films, there was a very old buick owned by Kojak, a jag and a citroen for definate.
Now the location..... it was quite near to a japanese garden that we visted and the house was set back slightly in some really nice grounds, when we go again next summer we will see if we can remember where it is.
sorry also to add, apparently if my memory serves me the car went to the US for quite a few years as they filmed their own version of R&H out there with the car a follow up to 'my partner the ghost'. the english version had been shown there in 1969 with little success so they filmed another pilot US show to boost ratings.
That car has shown up in alot of 70's programmes i believe.

Well now I'm confused haha atleast it looks like its still around :thumbsup: :dontgetit:

#9 ant509

ant509

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

I thought it was now in a collection..... I went to a viewing come open house on a classic car collection & bike in the cornwall area about four or five years ago and i can remember the car, not by sight because at the time minis werent my massive interest but from the fact the car was listed as being the randall and hopkirk mini as driven by Annette Andre and the programme was a favorite of mine, there were pictures & cine stills from the programme in fact a number of the cars had been in films, there was a very old buick owned by Kojak, a jag and a citroen for definate.
Now the location..... it was quite near to a japanese garden that we visted and the house was set back slightly in some really nice grounds, when we go again next summer we will see if we can remember where it is.
sorry also to add, apparently if my memory serves me the car went to the US for quite a few years as they filmed their own version of R&H out there with the car a follow up to 'my partner the ghost'. the english version had been shown there in 1969 with little success so they filmed another pilot US show to boost ratings.
That car has shown up in alot of 70's programmes i believe.

Well now I'm confused haha atleast it looks like its still around :thumbsup: :dontgetit:

Yeah, i dont remember it being a replica or anything but you never know..... they had a few film cars, including a silver shadow but i cannot remember for the life of me who drove it.

Sounds like quite a interesting place; I wonder whether its still there

#10 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

It has not been scrapped, in fact it has changed hands very recently.

It appeared in loads of TV programmes, anything that Monty Berman was involved with so look out for it in Department S, The Persuaders, The Saint.

I remember spotting it in an episode of 'Department S' a few years back.

I was really gutted that the 'Jeanie' of the new R&H TV Show (starring Reeves and Mortimer) drove an old Triumph Stag. I mean come on!

Still the new version was carp anyway.

#11 Djm666

Djm666

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

Looking better every day living in Somerset full story soon!Attached File  image.jpg   32.5K   98 downloads

#12 tjbarry

tjbarry

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

Really excited to hear that you're restoring this car as a fan of the series and a mini owner myself. Look forward to hearing the story!

#13 Dr s

Dr s

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Is it in a mk2 shell?

#14 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

Is it in a mk2 shell?

That rear window looks massive!

#15 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

Is it in a mk2 shell?

That rear window looks massive!

Its Mk1......this Mk2/3 is clearly bigger compared to edges of bootlid.

BrakeLightIdea_zpsgofi70ww.jpg

Edited by mab01uk, 05 May 2015 - 10:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users