dklawson

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,923 posts
  • Name: Doug
  • Local Club: none

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:57 PM

I took my Mini in today to have it reinspected... actually moving the inspection date forward by six months so I don't have to go through this in the winter anymore.

My Mini, being a 1964, is subject to only the most rudimentary inspection compared to what you guys must go through. They check all the lights, brakes, look for MAJOR body rust (that might allow exhaust fumes in the car), and they check safety related items like the horn. Modern cars over here go through a much more intensive inspection including exhaust analysis.

It's days like today I'm REALLY glad that old cars over here require so little. They did find I needed to replace the license plate lamps... not a failing offense, at least not at this station!

#2 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:56 PM

its always nice when your car passes its annual test without too much work to do.
i'm lucky i have a mini friendly garage not far from me next to one of the local american bases, and little things like the odd bulb, they let you go with, or let you fix on the spot.

#3 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

way to go mate

if all they picked up where No plate lights teh car must be in good nick , proud of you.. and your MINI

well done

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users