Photo

10x7 Golf Cart Wheels. They Should Work?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 garrett3

garrett3

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:39 AM

I still think they're worth trying... I'v found a couple of Japanese Mini truck importers here in the US and they sell the 12" wheels for the Jap mini trucks and I know they top at around 70mph and weigh around 1400lbs plus can handle a 1000lbs load....

EDit: Added mini truck pic with 12" golf cart wheels.

You cant be serious?!? its dangerous.. fair enough you kill yourself but to risk others lives just because you wanted a "look" is rediculous.

Think about it.

Just because a motor can stand on them and even drive a few times, think what WILL happen when it DOES go wrong as it WILL.

Struth mate, Forget it.. Its a bad idea.

As for show use they sound fantastic, A quick swap around would be easy enough and have the car looking the danglies without killing someone elses kids :D

#17 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

Well we've explored the dangers involved, and they look pretty bad. This is all at your own risk, chap. I have a feeling they will fold up in a crash, or just plain fall off.

Can only recommend you have a chat with the manufacturers about the wheels before buying,...and try and find some people on the net that are running these caddy wheels and see what they have to say about them, whether they're just show wheels or whether they can really be driven on properly i.e. motorway stresses etc....

Where did you find the ratings for the 12's on that truck? Is there a website you could link us all to?...

Edited by Retro_10s, 02 September 2008 - 09:11 AM.

#18 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

and don't forget to tell your insurance company that you are running wheels and tyres not load and speed rated for a mini

#19 S.T.Fox

S.T.Fox

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

Clues in the question....Golf Cart

#20 rcbamm

rcbamm

Mini Mad

• Noobies