#1 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

After a bit of a weekend, plans have been changed and grotbag is getting ready for the road.

What I intend on doing is keeping grotbag as standard and mundain as possible from the exterior, keeping the skinny 145/70 12's and std BL steelies and hub caps, and std grey interior which I got of Miniman5

Ah, now here's the lick, after the MOT ( emmissions ) the 998 lumps comming out and the 1330's going in, looking for well over 100 at the fly with that...

What I'm wondering is how much grunt I'm going to loose by putting an LCB on the engine and a 1.3/4" center pipe, but retaining the "pea shooter" back box...

The intention is to have a realy granny car which goes like stink and will REALY P' off the chavs at McD's :grin:

#2 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:00 PM

Couldn't you have a normal 1.75" exhaust, but so the tip is under the boot floor / behind the valance, and have a pea shooter tip sticking out the back in the normal place but not used, so you would have all the power from the good exhaust, but the looks of the pea shooter??

#3 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:18 PM

yeah, thats what i would do.. leave the old backbox on there and mount a centre exit slightly short of the rear valance :D

#4 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:11 PM

Or possibly through the rear valance !!

#5 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:14 PM

ps spent the afternoon under her, and it looks like mot on friday could be a go-er... gotta fix the hand brake cable first !

#6 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:42 PM

They've said just what I was going to say, get a local exhaust place to put a bend in the tailpipe of your RC40 to point it along the valance and down at the floor. You'll loose a little due to the bend but not a lot, then cut the back off a standard exhaust and weld a fitment to the back of it to bolt it to the subframe (you'll probably also always pass emissions as the MOT dude might end up testing the wrong pipe!).

#7 Matt Zane

Matt Zane

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

haha!

Brillant Idea, The Prime Car for a decent bit of Chav Baiting!

It's the new extreme sport for the new millenium!

#8 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

Only prob is you want the exhaust stuck out the back, they do that for a reason, stops noxious fumes getting in the car so easily. I'd suggest exiting the exhaust through a discreet hole in the rear valance, all painted black and hidden under the bumper.
Other prob's? the exhaust noise will be a give away. You could just go for a mild steel RC40, side exit, doesn't look far off standard, and paint it black to make it discreet.

Dave

#9 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:48 AM

I could, but I have a s/s rc40 center exit in the garage, and yes the sound would be a bit of a give away !

#10 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

I say find some way to keep the peashooter and fit the RC40, all chavs think the only way to get a loud noise is from a drain pipe, so wen they see the peashooter but hear a beast, they'll be so confused they'll turn into squirrels!

#11 evolotion

evolotion

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:45 PM

to be completely ohnest, jsut fit the RC40 and make it loud. its a mini, everyone thinks minis are slow. afterall how many 1.0 hatches do you see about with stupid exhausts? Atleast if they see the big exhaust it wil be asumed that the noise is from that as opposed to a big engine.

and even at that the general public are stil very nieve, even with "www.16vminiclub.com" in 2 inch high letters in my front and rear windows, people still cant understand why they jsut got humped by a mini. Its like a brick wall of ignorance that most people hit that prevents them from thinking minis can be fast :D

its great fun!

#12 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:01 PM

there was a red city at showdown last year, completely standard on the outside, skinny 145's, standard 12" steelies, standard interior.

The only give away was when you looked inside and saw a gear selector shaft going straight through the bulkhead about halfway up. Turned out the thing was R1 powered, and didn't half shift!!

Think you've got a great plan there JG, but for safetys sake with that engine at least fit some Yoko's or Falkens to it?

As for the exhaust, go with the RC40, and maybe shorten the tail pipe slightly, its going to be noisy, its a mini!!

#13 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:58 AM

It aint got a rear subframe at the moment, ripped it out yesterday, but I'm going to drop petals into it, which is virtually b/n with adj camber brackets...

I'll paint them black so no-one ca see them :fear:

ooh.. and resprayed the BL hub caps silver :grin:

MOT 12:00 Saturday

If it passes, it may get its first run out on Sunday to Stratford... ( without the 1330 )

#14 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:36 PM

LOADS OF WORK TODAY ( that deserved shouting )

Ripped the complete rear subby out of petal which I rebuilt last year, relised I had not finish the brake pipes :nugget: so after 1/2 hour making up the pipes I was putting the subby into grotbag, fitted better in there than it did petal ! hmmm

Brakes asjusted, blead and handbrake cable fitted and she's back on all fours, with a good dolop of shutz underneath... ( hide the rust *cough* )

Just sorting the electics now and putting the clock back in.. and seats found out it's got a dodgy indicator switch so will have look at that tomorrow...

And to top it of the oil lights just come on, hopefully that may just be a lack of oil, but if not, then it's likely not to be going to Stratford on sunday even if it does pass... lucky then engines comming out eh :cheese:

#15 mighty_mini

mighty_mini

Sambo Spoon

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:42 AM

You definatly got to get some photo's up.... :w00t:

Does this make you the first member of "Team Chav-Hunt" ?

I think you could be setting a modifier's trend :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users