#421 JohnGordon

JohnGordon

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Local Club: N.W Mini's / O.D.M.C

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

just a quick note last time when you/we lost everyone they went to devils bridge. not knowing we were heading to the ribble head viaduct. me and 1 other mini went from ribble head to devils bridge to look at the bikes >_< and there were about 15 minis there >_<. so if some directions were announced before we set off or maybe some more marshalls/ people that knew the route it might help. not to put a downer on things but going round clitheroe twice was good but we were bound to get split up. this post is not be be nasty in any way but trying to be constructive then it will make the run move more slick. :rolleyes: :P

ps. i will try and get some more from leyland mini club involved next time :withstupid: .

I think alot of people just read half of the tread last time! There was a map of the route, but alot of people like me looked at it once or twice and that was it.
I'll be back with some suggestions for the next run later it's nearly home time and i'm in no state for thinking!

Edited by JohnGordon, 12 November 2008 - 05:16 PM.

#422 glyn

glyn

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Local Club: leyland mini club

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

sorry just read my post (possible problem solver) would it be better to start a new post for every run with a date on so people dont have to trawl through 20 odd pages to find all the info? just a thought >_<

#423 mini_lover

mini_lover

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

hi there every one. well i have heard from a few of you now and if we start the run before 1pm we are going to loose too many of us due to work commitments...

however in regards to the lunch idea i am going to recki the route this saturday with karl then at least two of us are familiar with the route so we dont get as many casualties as last time and also to see if there is a pub that will put on a hot pot or curry on or something like that.

am open for suggestions. was just worried if we all turn up at a pub and order seperatly it will take for ever and they may not be able to fit us all in but prewarned i think we may stand a chance.

what do you all think about this want as much feed back as possible so i can get something set in stone as it is going in the paper again next week and want them all to have the same info as us....

Secondly i have been contacted by ribble valley council and clitheroe festival organisers they have asked me to put a meet on over the weekend in may. i have already sorted out the banners and am in discussions for some prizes and donations to make it worth your while. i know it is some time off yet but i am sending messages to mini mag and mini world and have full support of both our local papers so should get some good response but it is a very large area to fill so was just wondering how much support i could get from you guys would love all of you who come on the runs to be there...

thanks guys......

Plans of pub-age are sounding great :D Middle of December = cold and wet and thats not good for a butty van visit! lol
As long as we could end up somewhere indoors that would be great :thumbsup:

Clitheroe thingy sounds good fun also (I didn't even know Clitheroe has a festival but hey!) Exciting stuff! :D

Stuff up north is getting interesting :)

Jo
x

#424 Southy

Southy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: Oldham and Distrcit Mini Club

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

to be honest its about time that stuff up North started getting more press instead of things just down south being advertised, we need to start getting some big mini events organised up here to compete with them down south :D

#425 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,416 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

to be honest its about time that stuff up North started getting more press instead of things just down south being advertised, we need to start getting some big mini events organised up here to compete with them down south :D

Agree, but someone has to do the organising. Tagging on to another event might be the way to get the ball rolling country fairs, steam rallies etc.

Hamkshead brewery - big all day pub/cafe with loads of parking - suggestion for your next run.
http://www.waymarkin...waymarks/WM19EK

#426 fergie

fergie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

hi guys been working away all week so have been lacking in the input to this thread....

doing the recki in the morning so will have the route finalised depending on the pub that will have us... you dont all have to eat if you dont want it could just be somewhere to stop and chat but if you want to eat the chance will be there....

what do you all think about me starting a new thread then i would love to keep this one going but let us know what you think...

#427 JohnGordon

JohnGordon

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

I think may be better with a new thread for this one!

Oh Ben, I was thinking of getting in touch with the lancashire telegraph to see if the will put something in to get a bit more attention. If you want to pm me when you get chance to sort out all the details I'll happily get hold of them!

#428 fergie

fergie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:13 AM

cheers john i will do that today just want to get the run sorted first this morning...

thanks for that.

#429 Ferretboy221

Ferretboy221

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Local Club: C.M.C and K.M.C

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

im only half a mile away from the hawkeshead brewery in staveley!!...its a hard life living near breweries and pubs :lol:

#430 fergie

fergie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

right guys i have just got back from the run.....

this is by far the best run of them all it is fantastic i have it all planned out so this one should be great....

as for the pub lunch situation not going to be possibl on this run was thinking of changing it to get a pub to do a lunch but with the run being so good dont want to change it but have a stop with ample parking and i have pre warned them of our visit so there is food toilets and cover.....

so i will start a new thread tomorrow with all the details......

i alsdo took another mini with me so there is two of us who know the route but there is very little chance of us getting split up on this one...

i got so excited on the run today because i know you are all going to love this one it is really good driving..

so i have put more time into this one so it goes smother hope you all enjoy it....

if you miss this one when you see all the pics you will be gutted i am sure of that...

i cant wait now.... roll on december sixth.....

keep your eyes peeled for the new topic tomorrow....

#431 Minigirl

Minigirl

With Steve

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

cool i'm looking forward to it >_<

#432 Kings Arms

Kings Arms

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

Looking forward to the 6th December and also the Clitheroe Festival next May.

Will look out for the next thread being posted.

Matt

#433 fergie

fergie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

right guys last chance am i keeping this thread going or am i starting a new one for this next run...

i cant wait for this next one it is going to be the best by far....

#434 Kings Arms

Kings Arms

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:57 AM

Will probably be easier to start a new thread and call it Northern Run Out 2, and leave a reference on here that the new thread has started.

Matt

#435 JohnGordon

JohnGordon

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

A new thread is going to be easier i think, but before that happens......

I've just had a call from a friend at uni and he has asked if he can join the next run (in his mini) He want to bring along a few mates to film everyone meeting up and then follow the run. Maybe ask a few people question about their mini, the usual what made you get one, what does a mini mean to you that kinda thing and then turn it into a short factual film about mini's and the 'scene' that surrounds them for his uni course. He said that it's also supported by some kind of t.v producer types and it may even make it on to t.v! (maybe a channel like dave, ect.)

If there is anyone who doesn't want to be filmed or anything like that just let me know, Just thought it may be a laugh too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users