miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:21 AM

Yeah that is asking for the code.

The dashes on the left are the timeout.

I will nip out of work and get all the details on my radio from the car.

Pull the radio out and if you are lucky you might find the code is written on the sticker.

Cheers

Matt

#17 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:23 AM

Cool, Ill try it!

#18 wobbit

wobbit

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: basingstoke mini club

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

if u get the code wrong 2 many times it locks the hole thing up, u cant get it unlocked unless u take it to a dealer, or so it says in the rover manaul

#19 miniboo

miniboo

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:04 PM

I have been and got my book on the various radio types and so here goes:

COLOR=red]Applicable to R652, R681, and R682 only[/color]

1. Switch on the radio " -C-" (or "CODE") will appear on the display. Press pre-set button 1(or the "up" pre-set button on R682)

2. Use one of the tuning buttons to enter the first digit of the security code (first digit appears on the display)

3. Press pre-set button 1 (or the "up" pre-set button for R682) to store the first digit in the units memory.

4. Use the tuning button to enter the second digit of the code (second digit is added to the display).

5. Press pre-set button 1 (or the "up" pre-set button for R682) to store the second digit.

6. Enter the third digit, again using the tuning buttons (third digit is added to the display)

7. Press pre-set button 1 (or the "up" pre-set) to store the third digit.

8. Slect and enter the final digit (the display will now show a full four digit code).

9. press pre-set button 1 (or the "up" Pre-set) to store the final digit. (If correct code has been entered a two-tone beep will sound,either once or twice depending on model, and the radio will start to operate.

If an incorrect code is entered a one minute time delay is imposed before a second code can be attempted. Each time a wrong code is entered the time delay doubles(2 min, 4 min, 8 min etc)

If an incorrect code is entered DO NOT SWITCH OFF, wait for the rotating segments to stop and the -C- to come back on,then try again.

Also to disable the code:

1. press the "up" tuning buttonwhile you switch the radio on and keep it pressed until the displayshows "-C-" (or "CODE").

2. Enter the correct code using the procedure above. When the code is deactivated a two-tone beep will sound.

Use this at your own risk but i have done and it works for my radio and i have got it out of the Rover handbook. :huh: :angry:

Hope this helps and enjoy your High Quality Rover Radio. :grin:

#20 m3ntalist

m3ntalist

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:51 PM

hmm I got the code with mine. But who on earth would want a tape deck these days, I think it lasted a week! A cd player isnt expensive anyway is it

#21 miniboo

miniboo

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:57 PM

i have an mp3 player and i use an adapter to play my mp3's through it.

When i can afford it I am going to get a USB MP3 player. H&B make one.

Plus a Mortgage doesn't help LOL :fear:

#22 kada1980

kada1980

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:18 PM

Radio decode Centre

These guys are pretty good and if they don't know they know someone that will :grin:

#23 Smelly_Granny

Smelly_Granny

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:35 PM

If an incorrect code is entered DO NOT SWITCH OFF, wait for the rotating segments to stop and the -C- to come back on,then try again.

AHH...well thats why it isnt re-setting! I keep on turning it of, andtaking the keys out of the egnition!

right...going to try again now...

and i love my badger too...i did have one where the badger actully bounced up and down, but i cant fint it anywhere now :sad:

EDIT: woo!...done it! i feel an idiot waiting hours for it when i only had to wait 2 mins to get it going!

And the sound isnt that bad. The speakers wont take much bass, but other than that, its not too bad quality. Ive got one of those tapes to plug my MP3 player into, so im alright for playing my own music.

Ill spend the money on something else other than a new radio (for now. I will replace it at some point, but i havnt got a job at the moment, so im prioritizing (sp?) the things i buy for my mini)

Thanks very much everyone! (and miniboo for your guide that finally cracked it)

#24 El Guapo

El Guapo

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:37 PM

Sorry for the bump

My code is the correct one but the radio doesn’t accept it any more

It’s the code on the card and what I wrote on the radio back. Is there a way to remove?

If rover used to be able to do it, I can’t imagine it’s impossible

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users