• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 Ju Boy!

Ju Boy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Local Club: The Beaminster Mini Massive!

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:15 AM

Can you laquer straight over bare metal to protect it from rust or will it not work? that would look mint

when i had my bonnet back to bair metal l i did think about doing that, but dint no if it was possible?

#47 vtec_miniestate

vtec_miniestate

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Local Club: Torbay Mini Club

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

Isn’t that just, i can’t be arsed to paint it properly... sod it where’s that tin of red oxide and a brush.

Didn't your mum always tell you... if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!

I'm all for constructive criticism or 'not to my taste' but why the plain rudeness? After all you may not like it my car but remember it is someone elses pride and joy!

Merry christmass

:thumbsup:

#48 Ju Boy!

Ju Boy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

Isn’t that just, i can’t be arsed to paint it properly... sod it where’s that tin of red oxide and a brush.

Didn't your mum always tell you... if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!

I'm all for constructive criticism or 'not to my taste' but why the plain rudeness? After all you may not like it my car but remember it is someone elses pride and joy!

Merry christmass

:thumbsup:

well i realy like your mini. i have a 1979 vw bay window camper and thats in red oxide and thats clased a rat when i go to shows

#49 vtec_miniestate

vtec_miniestate

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Local Club: Torbay Mini Club

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:17 AM

Why thank you :thumbsup:

I love what you've done with the bonnet, it may not to be everyones taste but as long as you like it, that's all that matters!

Keep rocking the rat :teehee:

#50 MiNi2iNFiNiTi

MiNi2iNFiNiTi

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Mini's

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image

mine got labeled a rat.. not because of the writing, but the the fact i have fixed everything with whatever i could get hold of..
Theres a spoon wedged in the dash right now to hold it in :P

True rat, not just a rusty bonnet, love it.

Isn't rat when you put something on your car to replace a broken part that wasnt made for that particular car? Like when a headlight breaks and you cant get one for you car you put one on from another car or if something is nackered you cable tie it on or tie it on with some rope to stop it falling off? Rubbing a bit of paint off and drawing doodles all over it hardly makes it 'rat'.

#51 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:59 AM

that front wheel arch is from an old citoren or something.. it has a ford mondeo horn.. clubman steel wheels, a 91 cooper engine, if you look at the grille, theres electrical wire holding it on.. just because none of us owners could afford to keep her nice lol

oh, and garden wire replacing the roll pin for the gear selector..

its not just "doodles" :P

Edited by 666junky, 29 September 2008 - 08:00 AM.

#52 Ju Boy!

Ju Boy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

mine got labeled a rat.. not because of the writing, but the the fact i have fixed everything with whatever i could get hold of..
Theres a spoon wedged in the dash right now to hold it in :P

Isn't rat when you put something on your car to replace a broken part that wasnt made for that particular car? Like when a headlight breaks and you cant get one for you car you put one on from another car or if something is nackered you cable tie it on or tie it on with some rope to stop it falling off? Rubbing a bit of paint off and drawing doodles all over it hardly makes it 'rat'.

lets not tern this in to a slagging mach! yes that is a part of ratting, but the Definition of ratting is

“The typical rat rod (an early 1920s through 1950s coupe or roadster): Early (pre-World War II) vehicles often have their fenders, hoods, running boards, and bumpers removed. The bodies are frequently channeled over the frame, and sectioned, or the roofs chopped for a lower profile. Later post-war vehicles are rarely constructed without fenders and are often customized in the fashion of Kustoms, leadsleds, and lowriders. Maltese crosses, skulls, and other accessories are often added. Chopped tops, shaved trim, grills, tail lights, and other miscellaneous body parts are swapped between makes and models. Most, if not all of the work and engineering is done by the owner of the vehicle.

Recently, the term "rat rod" has been used to describe almost any vehicle that appears unfinished or is built simply to be driven.”

So almost anything unfished and Custom and you wish to call rat you can.

#53 hellosio

hellosio

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:29 AM

from what i gathered working for the once quite popular, Big Boys Toys. rat-look was a junky looking shell covering a pristine engine, suspension, floor etc. so.. something that looked like a piece of *rubbish* from the outside but went and handled better than most new cars. a wolf in sheeps clothing i guess!

#54 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:35 AM

from what i gathered working for the once quite popular, Big Boys Toys. rat-look was a junky looking shell covering a pristine engine, suspension, floor etc. so.. something that looked like a piece of *rubbish* from the outside but went and handled better than most new cars. a wolf in sheeps clothing i guess!

Yep, hence why all the rodders have all them meaty big engines.. and my mini was going to get a vtec conversion :D

#55 hellosio

hellosio

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:23 AM

Yep, hence why all the rodders have all them meaty big engines.. and my mini was going to get a vtec conversion :thumbsup:

i like your mini alot :P if mine wasn't limited edition i'd so be ratting him up to the eyeballs. grumble grumble!

#56 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:42 AM

Yep, hence why all the rodders have all them meaty big engines.. and my mini was going to get a vtec conversion :thumbsup:

i like your mini alot :P if mine wasn't limited edition i'd so be ratting him up to the eyeballs. grumble grumble!

thankyou hehe
mine is too! its meant to be a mini designer under there somewhere, unfortunately she was nothing near original when i got her.. so stuff that idea of keeping her nice :dontgetit:

#57 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Local Club: many!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:43 AM

they arent just doodles! there were some funny jokes on the panels aswell :thumbsup:

#58 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:46 AM

they arent just doodles! there were some funny jokes on the panels aswell :thumbsup:

what... like "why does beyonce sing to the left to the left?" and something about someone on a suprise *** trial? .. humm.

#59 cambiker71

cambiker71

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: Cambscustomclassics.com

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

Theres a spoon wedged in the dash right now to hold it in :thumbsup:

So you didn't read the wording under the photo then? It's underlined now for you :P

#60 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Local Club: many!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:47 AM

you were laughing at them too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users