27 replies to this topic

#1 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:17 PM

hello, my mates got a 1275 mini with the realy treadles yok's on, THERE AWSOME! we where bext to him at some trafficlights in terenshal rain, and he pulled away and its was torque steering rite through the box lol its was awsome! there even beter in the dry, there about as close as you can ge to a road ligal race tyre!

any one else had them?

#2 Pooky

Pooky

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

Ok ... :erm: ...did any one else understand that?

Sorry miniman5 could you repeat that? ;)

#3 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:26 PM

lol, sorry, spelling goes out the windows when you type fast, ive edited it so you can read it!

#4 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:36 PM

yoko semi slicks! nice tyres, a tad unpractical though! :nugget: ;)

#5 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:39 PM

You say they were good in the wet? not too sure on that less tread = less grip in the wet, thats why bold tyres are illegal.
And i wouldn't want to go spinning them up too often, expensive tyres are they not?

But i would absoloutly love some on a dry day!!!

#6 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

he ses in the heavy water its ok dry there amazing and when its damp its like ice, but that adds to the fun ;)

#7 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:52 PM

lol always scares the passengers when you can stick it on full lock and go straight forward! lol

Yea its not in the wet as bad but still. How much are they per tyre any ideas? Just got yokos on the front but the a359s i think? not sure of the number but just these are better than the falkens especially in the dry.

Edited by jimbo_edmondo, 06 July 2005 - 11:32 PM.

#8 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

not too bad actually jimbo, about 50 a piece from minisport, and they are thieves! :fear: ;)
midland wheel supplies = 58.99 (Yokohama A048R)
midland wheel supplies = 44.00 (Yokohama A032R)
not sure on diference, they both look the same! :grin:

#9 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:36 PM

even MWS are expensive i paid £80 for two A359s fitted. on MWS they're £47 each!

These were 12inch wheels by the way, i guss miniman5s mates were too so they'd be the A048Rs might strech my wallet to them next time, when the back tryes get bold an then switch them over.

#10 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:14 AM

Masses of wheel spin, and torque steer is not indicative of good traction, infact it's indicative of someone who does not know hoe to handle a car in the wet, sorry to say.

Turning the wheel and going straight on is also not very clever....

If you are talking about the A032's and A048's then the more 'slick' they get the worse they will be in the wet, as the groves are designed as water dispersal channels, without those you are basically aquaplaning (spelling?) everywhere, and I suspect that if you put him up against a standard tyre on a set track he'd be beaten hands down...

I know the thought of tyre smoke and noise is appealing, but I think you'll find driving smoothly, controlling the delivery of power, is a far quicker

#11 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:17 AM

I agree with you there guessworks, why spend £50 a tyre and then wheelspin it away.

#12 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:43 AM

Masses of wheel spin, and torque steer is not indicative of good traction, infact it's indicative of someone who does not know hoe to handle a car in the wet, sorry to say.

Turning the wheel and going straight on is also not very clever....

If you are talking about the A032's and A048's then the more 'slick' they get the worse they will be in the wet, as the groves are designed as water dispersal channels, without those you are basically aquaplaning (spelling?) everywhere, and I suspect that if you put him up against a standard tyre on a set track he'd be beaten hands down...

I know the thought of tyre smoke and noise is appealing, but I think you'll find driving smoothly, controlling the delivery of power, is a far quicker

yea i no this, it was pooring with rain thats what was causing it, in teh dry he can out corner any thing, he does no how to handle teh car as he is the fastest guy in teh club, he had a 998 wich thrashed 1275's and now he has got a 1275 in it and has put a 1380 to shame down the lanes! people tell hiom that his brake lights down work, but they do.

#13 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:17 AM

Rain doesn't cause wheelspin, poor delivery of poor to the wheels causes wheelspin. Now if he was just doing it to try and impress people then so be it!

#14 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:41 AM

A032R's are brilliant, and yes they are great in the wet too. They are called Aquatusk tyres (meaning they are designed for wet roads). They ARE road legal race tyres Miniman5.

#15 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

i never said they where illigal, there awsome!, and jammy what are you on about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users