65 replies to this topic

#46 captain kirk

captain kirk

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

you have done a good job there,dont like the bus shelter look at the back,but hey its your car and if you like it thats all that matters,my cars not everyones cup of tea but i lke it.

#47 insamoufonyx

insamoufonyx

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Local Club: NorthSomersetMiniClub.co.uk

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

ermmmmmm....................

Why didnt you spray the inside or the engine bay, Not meaning to be rude but it makes it look like a bit of a half arsed job when people dont do the inside or engine bay.

#48 stardude

stardude

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts
  • Local Club: hilltop mini's

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

Why didnt you spray the inside or the engine bay, Not meaning to be rude but it makes it look like a bit of a half arsed job when people dont do the inside or engine bay.

by the looks of it, its just for contrast, like the interior side of the doors

#49 captainjack15

captainjack15

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 3,925 posts
  • Local Club: Somerset Rusteez

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:23 PM

i really like it :]] gonna be a head turner!

For women with ironing todo :P :)

#50 MINI in Black

MINI in Black

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

bit too chavy for me but top marks on effort

#51 mini_mad_rich

mini_mad_rich

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:56 AM

by the looks of it, its just for contrast, like the interior side of the doors

correct :P:D

#52 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

I can appreciate the amount of effort that's gone into that, although it's not to my taste.. paint looks good. Don't know why people sl@g off other peoples hard work, it may not be your kinda thing, but do you people realise the amount of time and effort that goes into making something like that? If you haven't got something nice or even NEUTRAL to say, just don't say anything at all!

Edited by panelbeaterpeter, 04 October 2008 - 08:53 AM.

#53 Dev

Dev

Fiat 500 'Ringer

• Banned
  • 1,549 posts
  • Local Club: NF500

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:45 AM

do you realise the amount of increased drag it will now have making it slower?

#54 Cheapaschips13

Cheapaschips13

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:57 AM

No way are insurance companys going to insure that at 17....hope you have a lot of money saved up lol

#55 mini_mad_rich

mini_mad_rich

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:44 AM

I can appreciate the amount of effort that's gone into that, although it's not to my taste.. paint looks good. Don't know why people sl@g off other peoples hard work, it may not be your kinda thing, but do you people realise the amount of time and effort that goes into making something like that? If you haven't got something nice or even NEUTRAL to say, just don't say anything at all!

Thank you very much :P

#56 mini_mad_rich

mini_mad_rich

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:45 AM

No way are insurance companys going to insure that at 17....hope you have a lot of money saved up lol

im insured and on the road, insurance messed up and missed a 0 off the end, it cost me £180 for a year fully comp, £250 excess, all mods declared. and before every one says..... yes i have checked my doc's, every thing is 100% :P:D:D

#57 MINI in Black

MINI in Black

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

im insured and on the road, insurance messed up and missed a 0 off the end, it cost me £180 for a year fully comp, £250 excess, all mods declared. and before every one says..... yes i have checked my doc's, every thing is 100% :P:D:D

yor well lucky

#58 insamoufonyx

insamoufonyx

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • 1,633 posts
  • Local Club: NorthSomersetMiniClub.co.uk

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

im insured and on the road, insurance messed up and missed a 0 off the end, it cost me £180 for a year fully comp, £250 excess, all mods declared. and before every one says..... yes i have checked my doc's, every thing is 100% ;D:D:D

Bet if you have a accerdent you wont be covered, if they missed a 0 off the end by mistake they will come up with a reason to not give you a penny, and they will only repair it to standard if they were stupid enough to even touch it.
Or your on your parents policy - which makes the insurance invalid if your the main driver anyway.
Or your 3rd party which i still cant belive it would be that cheap and if you get involved in a accerdent you get fark all really.

Recently re insured my 1275cc with all mods declared, struggled to find somone that would even quote me and cheapest there was is £1100, thats at 18 with 1 years no claims no accerdents or points.

Friend running standard 998 mayfair, 19 years old 2 years no claims cheapest quote £500.

Its people that Scam/have invalid insurance are one of the reasons that insurance prices are such a joke.
For some reason i think theres somthing dodgy.

Edited by insamoufonyx, 06 October 2008 - 04:20 PM.

#59 Cheapaschips13

Cheapaschips13

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:03 PM

im insured and on the road, insurance messed up and missed a 0 off the end, it cost me £180 for a year fully comp, £250 excess, all mods declared. and before every one says..... yes i have checked my doc's, every thing is 100% ;D:D:D
[/quote]

Which insurance company is this with then?

#60 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

what kit is that? not a big fan, don't think it follows the lines of the Mini as well as a Zeemax, but it different!

like what you did with the boot! personally i think you have done a great job, creating a car like that is going to cause controversy ;D but then that's what you want to be doing ;D

modifying is all about being different, and lets face it, with Mini's everything has been done before, so you have to do something like that to be individual!!

needs dropping though, looks silly with that arch gap! you wont go through ya arches, Mini suspension is so stiff it doesn't move! i have a smoothed in Zeemax on my Mini, and its lowered as much as possible, 5/6 years later the arches are still fine!

Got a feature lined up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users